Having sat through many of the Server and Cloud breakout sessions at WPC I’ve put together a list of all of the proposed partner go-do’s from the presenters (by partner type) with URL’s included so you don’t have to hunt around for them. Hope this is useful…
· Go to http://www.microsoft.com/sbs to sign up for the upcoming Microsoft Small Business Server betas. You’ll be notified via email when the bits are available within a month!
· Grow your expertise with training offers http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/wpc and through courses on the Partner Learning Center https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40092539, Microsoft Sales University https://www.microsoftsalesuniversity.com/infrastructure and Microsoft Sales Specialist program https://www.mssalesspecialist.com/Default.aspx
· Drive demand and reach new customers through the new Simplify IT Campaign (coming in September) https://www.partnermarketingcenter.com/ww-en/default.aspx and Refer-A-Friend program http://www.msreferafriend.com/
· Win more business with rich sales tools including Demo Showcase http://demoshowcasesuite.com/, BTAT https://partner.microsoft.com/BTAT, RSS https://rightserversolution.com/ and Microsoft Customer Opportunity Insights Tool https://partner.microsoft.com/US/40102286
· Plan your Datacenter/Virtualization, Private Cloud or Optimized Desktop practice with the PSP Activation Kit http://partners-psp.com (managed partners only) and Core Infra Practice Builder http://www.infrastructurepracticebuilder.com/
· Earn a Microsoft Core Infra Competency to demonstrate your expertise and differentiate your business https://partner.microsoft.com/global/program/competencies
· Take advantage of the Management and Virtualization Solution Incentive Program – more info coming soon (see earlier post), but first step is to enroll in new Partner Sales Exchange to register deals https://psx.partner.microsoft.com/psx/signin.aspx
· Join the Private Cloud Deployment Kit Program http://www.partners-psp.com/cloudservices/privatecloud/Pages/WhatWeSell.aspx and download Release Candidate for System Center VMM Self-Service Portal 2.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=fef38539-ae5a-462b-b1c9-9a02238bb8a7 for guidance and technologies for building private clouds
· Drive Windows 7 deployments by taking advantage of the POC Jumpstart https://connect.microsoft.com/pocjumpstart and Production Pilot Jumpstart https://connect.microsoft.com/pilotjumpstart
· Download Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 beta http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx with Dynamic Memory for Hyper-V and partner with Citrix to sell desktop virtualization solutions
· Join the Hosting Community and receive benefits such as a monthly hosting newsletter, first-look resources, ready-to-use e-mail templates, and more: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40057328
· Get ready for cloud computing and learn from case studies, videos, and training to help you offer on-demand virtualized servers, clustering, network infrastructure, and storage. See the Dynamic Data Center Toolkit for Hosting Providers: www.microsoft.com/dynamicdatacenter
· Download the Web Platform Installer—a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform easy, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework, and Visual Web Developer: www.microsoft.com/hosting/en/us/solutions/webplatform.aspx
· Attain the Hosting Competency to build your expertise and leverage your activity in the Hosting Competency to better distinguish your organization as a hosting expert: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/program/competencies/comphosting
· Download the Windows Azure SDK and other development tools http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/windowsazuresdk/, leverage the Technical Training Kit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=413E88F8-5966-4A83-B309-53B7B77EDF78&displaylang=en and get architectural guidance for migrating your application https://training.partner.microsoft.com/learning/app/management/registrationex/LMS_Registration.aspx?UserMode=0&Mode=0&ActivityID=594897 and/or use the Application Assessment tool https://training.partner.microsoft.com/learning/app/management/LMS_ActDetails.aspx?UserMode=0&ActivityId=595118
· Create Windows Small Business Server, Aurora “add-ins” for tighter application and online service integration using the Windows Small Business Server, Aurora SDK https://connect.microsoft.com/SBS
· Enroll in Microsoft Platform Ready to receive support that includes access to online developer and technical communities. This is your pathway to submit products and reach hundreds of thousands of customers and sales partners: www.microsoftplatformready.com
· Go to the MPN ISV/Software Solutions Competency site and learn about the software testing requirements that can help you become a Competency partner: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/program/competencies/compisvsoftware
· Learn more about what Microsoft Action Pack Development and Design can do for your company https://partner.microsoft.com/40132997
· Learn the relevant competencies and put them to use: https://partner.microsoft.com/program/40005167
· Build the skills needed to differentiate your business and gain customer confidence when you spend time with the OEM Hardware Competency Getting Started Guide: https://oem.microsoft.com/script/contentpage.aspx?pageid=556843
· Follow the step-by-step process to engage with Microsoft and learn more about our products. Enroll at: https://partner.microsoft.com/oem
· Visit the Server Section of the OEM Partner Center and learn to be more relevant to a wide range of IT environments: http://oem.microsoft.com/OPC_Servers
· Subscribe to the new OEM Newsletter and stay up-to-the-minute on pertinent issues and offerings that can help you stay ahead of the competition: https://partner.microsoft.com/40016573
Mark, this a GREAT list of resources, thank you for putting this together, one place for links to things I've been wanting my folks here (consultants and sales) to access, great stuff, thank you for consolidating! Rand
I adore your site, looks excellent and full of good info. Keep it up
Mark - already using this list you posted. Thx you.
WPC this year was one of the best I have attended in years. The sessions were deep in content and will help shape our FY 11 focus.
This is a tremendous list. I think that there are so many great opportunities right now to win market share! Being in infrastructure right now is really a great place to be at! I wish I had attended all sessions at WPC around infrastructure but then I'd have to have cloned myself!
Mark, BTAT is awesome and so few know about it. I have my whole sales staff use these questions to lead into new opportunities.
Thank you for compiling this list - it is a great resource. I have been to WPC many times - this year was far and above the most valuable experiece to-date.