Yes its time to raise the curtains from much awaited, much rumoured, most anticipated next version of Windows Phone.
Today, at Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona, Microsoft Announced Windows Phone 7 and demonstrated the new Mobile Platform. Watch Video on Demand
Windows Phone 7 is build to take the mobile experience to a whole new level. With Windows Phone 7 Series, we have taken a generational leap forward to deliver a unique, delightful customer experience with inspiring hardware from our OEM partners.
Windows Phone 7 Series includes six hubs built on specific themes reflecting activities that matter most to people:
• People. This hub delivers an engaging social experience by bringing together relevant content based on the person, including his or her live feeds from social networks and photos. It also provides a central place from which to post updates to Facebook and Windows Live in one step.
• Pictures. This hub makes it easy to share pictures and video to a social network in one step. Windows Phone 7 Series also brings together a user’s photos by integrating with the Web and PC, making the phone the ideal place to view a person’s entire picture and video collection.
• Games. This hub delivers the first and only official Xbox LIVE experience on a phone, including Xbox LIVE games, Spotlight feed and the ability to see a gamer’s avatar, Achievements and gamer profile. With more than 23 million active members around the world, Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of friends, games and entertainment on Xbox 360, and now also on Windows Phone 7 Series.
• Music + Video. This hub creates an incredible media experience that brings the best of Zune, including content from a user’s PC, online music services and even a built-in FM radio into one simple place that is all about music and video. Users can turn their media experience into a social one with Zune Social on a PC and share their media recommendations with like-minded music lovers. The playback experience is rich and easy to navigate, and immerses the listener in the content. • Marketplace. This hub allows the user to easily discover and load the phone with certified applications and games.
• Browse and Bing Search: Quick access to local results and maps in one glance-able view. With a search hardware button on every Windows Phone, you’re only a click away from maps, directions and the web. Search like a pro when surfing by highlighting the word and hitting “search”.
• Office. This hub brings the familiar experience of the world’s leading productivity software to the Windows Phone. With access to Office, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace all in one place, users can easily read, edit and share documents. With the additional power of Outlook Mobile, users stay productive and up to date while on the go.
Windows Phone 7 is scheduled to be available in Holiday 2010.
Here is the feature Video of Windows Phone 7 Series.
For more Demos, videos, Features, discussion please visit http://www.windowsphone7series.com/
I am currently carrying HTC Touch Diamond 2 powered by Windows Phone 6.5 and cant wait to have a hands on Windows Phone 7. Let me know what you think.. :)
any idea when the rom will be available on technet as a download?
ROM is shipped to OEM partners only.. If you are a developer you can use Windows Phone 7 developer tools.