This is provided ‘AS IS’ with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included samples are subject to the terms specified at Microsoft
My favourite Blogs
If you are following my blog, couple of weeks before i posted a blog post on Live Migration Network configuration. Now its time to learn the official way to configure the Live Migration network.
Microsoft has just released Hyper-V: Live Migration Network Configuration Guide.
This guide describes how to configure your network to use the live migration feature of Hyper-V™. It provides a detailed list of the networking configuration requirements for optimal performance and reliability, as well as recommendations for scenarios that do not meet these requirements.
Some of the common questions which are answered in this guide are:
It also talks about Hyper-V live migration network requirements, Identifying the network access needs for live migration and Networking considerations for live migration.
We 'have always felt the need of this kind of best practices document on how to setup a live Migration network which can help in efficient and effective live Migrations in Hyper V Clusters. This document should now help us to get there and design the best Virtual Machine. infrastructure.
Access it here
If you wish to learn more about Microsoft Hyper V R2 Live Migration, Please download the Hyper-V Live Migration Overview & Architecture whitepaper
This document describes the live migration feature of Windows Server® 2008 R2 Hyper-V™ in detail, including how live migration moves running VMs and requirements for implementing live migration.
Hope it helps for now.
As always do send your comments, feedback and suggestions :)
Microsoft has just released Virtual Lab for Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4 on Hyper V R2.
This lab is intended for IT Professionals who would like to deliver virtual desktop computers using Microsoft Hyper-V Server, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Citrix XenDesktop.
Users will work through the steps to simulate deploying multiple virtual desktops, and will first capture a reference image using the Citrix Provisioning Server for Desktops. Next, the user will verify that the computer can be booted from a diskless client computer. The user will create multiple virtual machines using the reference computer as a template.
Finally, the user will use the Citrix Desktop Delivery Controller and System Center Virtual Machine Manager to create a group of virtual desktops and deploy them to end devices. At the end of this lab, the user will have worked through all the steps required to implement Citrix XenDesktop using Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
Access the LAB here
We all have seen the great series of products coming out from Microsoft this year, For all you knowledge thirsty out there, who are eager to learn new technologies like Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Virtualization R2 Solution and office 2010 and if you haven’t seen them already here are some of the E Books released by Microsoft and best part is they are all FREE
Download Now Download Now
Download Now Download Now
Let me know what you think.. :)
Yes its time to raise the curtains from much awaited, much rumoured, most anticipated next version of Windows Phone.
Today, at Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona, Microsoft Announced Windows Phone 7 and demonstrated the new Mobile Platform. Watch Video on Demand
Windows Phone 7 is build to take the mobile experience to a whole new level. With Windows Phone 7 Series, we have taken a generational leap forward to deliver a unique, delightful customer experience with inspiring hardware from our OEM partners.
Windows Phone 7 Series includes six hubs built on specific themes reflecting activities that matter most to people:
• People. This hub delivers an engaging social experience by bringing together relevant content based on the person, including his or her live feeds from social networks and photos. It also provides a central place from which to post updates to Facebook and Windows Live in one step.
• Pictures. This hub makes it easy to share pictures and video to a social network in one step. Windows Phone 7 Series also brings together a user’s photos by integrating with the Web and PC, making the phone the ideal place to view a person’s entire picture and video collection.
• Games. This hub delivers the first and only official Xbox LIVE experience on a phone, including Xbox LIVE games, Spotlight feed and the ability to see a gamer’s avatar, Achievements and gamer profile. With more than 23 million active members around the world, Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of friends, games and entertainment on Xbox 360, and now also on Windows Phone 7 Series.
• Music + Video. This hub creates an incredible media experience that brings the best of Zune, including content from a user’s PC, online music services and even a built-in FM radio into one simple place that is all about music and video. Users can turn their media experience into a social one with Zune Social on a PC and share their media recommendations with like-minded music lovers. The playback experience is rich and easy to navigate, and immerses the listener in the content. • Marketplace. This hub allows the user to easily discover and load the phone with certified applications and games.
• Browse and Bing Search: Quick access to local results and maps in one glance-able view. With a search hardware button on every Windows Phone, you’re only a click away from maps, directions and the web. Search like a pro when surfing by highlighting the word and hitting “search”.
• Office. This hub brings the familiar experience of the world’s leading productivity software to the Windows Phone. With access to Office, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace all in one place, users can easily read, edit and share documents. With the additional power of Outlook Mobile, users stay productive and up to date while on the go.
Windows Phone 7 is scheduled to be available in Holiday 2010.
Here is the feature Video of Windows Phone 7 Series.
For more Demos, videos, Features, discussion please visit http://www.windowsphone7series.com/
I am currently carrying HTC Touch Diamond 2 powered by Windows Phone 6.5 and cant wait to have a hands on Windows Phone 7. Let me know what you think.. :)
We always felt the need of Hardware capacity guidance and sizing information for Terminal Services or Remote Desktop services for Server 2008 R2, Whenever I am engaged in any architectural guidance discussion for RDS deployment i always get a question what needs to be taken into consideration while deciding the hardware configuration and to do capacity planning.
Here are some bullet points which I recommend to my partners and customers to consider:
In addition to that, Microsoft has just released a whitepaper on Capacity Planning in Windows Server 2008 R2.
Download it here
The Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) role service lets multiple concurrent users run Windows®-based applications on a remote computer running Windows Server® 2008 R2. This white paper is intended as a guide for capacity planning of RD Session Host in Windows Server 2008 R2. It describes the most relevant factors that influence the capacity of a given deployment, methodologies to evaluate capacity for specific deployments, and a set of experimental results for different combinations of usage scenarios and hardware configurations.
You can also use this document for sizing Terminal Services on a Hyper V Platform
Also use the Remote Desktop Load Simulation Tools available at following link to do the load testing for number of users on RDS Server
I hope it helps, Let me know if you have any questions.
May be I don't say enough.. I just love this company, its culture, Diverse people.. I am just amazed to see the passion each one of us has for our customers and building products that change the world..
I am Microsoft and a proud one.. :)
Today Microsoft announces general Availability of Windows Azure platform.
Windows Azure is a new cloud computing services platform from Microsoft designed to host web services and applications in Microsoft-owned, Internet-accessible data centers.
Here goes the official definition..:)
Introducing Windows Azure—an Internet-scale cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers, which provides a platform and a set of services that can be used individually or together. Windows Azure’s flexible and interoperable platform is used to build new applications to run from the cloud or enhance existing applications with cloud-based capabilities. Windows Azure simplifies maintaining and operating applications by providing on-demand compute capabilities and storage to host, scale and manage web services and connected applications.
Windows Azure provides a platform and a set of services that can be used individually or together. It is a flexible and interoperable platform used to build new applications to run from the cloud or enhance existing applications with cloud-based capabilities.
Windows Azure comprises of following components:
Here is how a Windows Azure architecture looks like:
Billing for following countries starts today:
• Austria • Belgium • Canada • Denmark • Finland • France • Germany • Ireland • India
• Italy • Japan • Netherlands • New Zealand • Norway • Portugal • Singapore • Spain • Sweden
• Switzerland • UK • United States
Other billing locations will come up very soon.
I know there is lot of curiosity to understand this new platform and how you can develop applications for Azure, Please have a look at the following Windows Azure Demo.
Also download the latest Windows Azure training kit from here which has complete set of technical documentation that you would need to learn about Windows Azure
Customers can visit www.windowsazure.com to sign up to start building and deploying cloud applications today on the Windows Azure platform.
I am not a Windows Azure specialist as of now but i would be really interested in this platform as its going to be revolutionary.. let me know what you think?