This one day deep dive class will get you up to speed on developing for Windows Azure. The class includes a trainer with deep real world experience with Windows Azure, as well as a series of labs so you can practice what you just learned.
This event is FREE to the attendees. Gratis! Gratuite! Libero!
You will need an Azure account. You can Sign Up for a free 90 day account here. You will need to provide a credit card to sign up, but both the Trial and new MSDN benefit Azure Subscription have a default spending cap of $0.00, so unless you remove the cap you will not be charged. You’ll use this subscription while working on the hands on labs.
Also, if you feeling more adventurous and really want to get more hands on, we will be looking at to do more hands on labs in the afternoon.
Yes, Vikas Sahni will start from the concepts, so even those with no previous knowledge of Cloud Computing will be able to follow the morning session
Yes and no. With Windows Azure evolving rapidly, there is plenty that will be new for you in the overview session and you may just learn a few new things in the other sessions. Plus you can help others during the lab sessions!
Registration is at 9:30 and the event will start in full at 10am.
See you there?
How would you like to win a free place at Kevin Kline’s “From Good to Great: Productivity and Influence Skills for the IT Professional” at the SQL Saturday Dublin (#229) pre-conference?
The SQL Saturday Dublin committee has completed the session schedule for SQL Saturday 229 (http://www.sqlsaturday.com/229/). In addition, we have extended the early bird on the pre-conferences until the end of May.
So what more could we do? We decided to hold a competition to win a free place at the SQL Saturday 229 pre-conference – Kevin Kline’s “From Good to Great: Productivity and Influence Skills for the IT Professional”.
Kevin has been an awesome ambassador to Ireland in the SQL community and we wanted to celebrate that fact.
So the question is “How many times has Kevin Kline visited Ireland as a SQL speaker prior to this?”
All you have to do is email email@example.com with “Competition” in the subject and let us know the answer.
We will complete the draw on the last day of May.
These details can also be found at http://ndflanagan.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/irelands-kevin-kline/
If you wish to attend this or any other pre-conference, the details for these can be found at:
The Surface Pro goes on sale on May 30th in Ireland and will sell for €879 for the 64GB device, and €979 for the 128GB version. No UK prices (yet).
I will tidy this up (one day), but just to get the content out there, here it is:
(1) Dave Northey - Introduction and Fundamentals - 25 mins
(2) Dave Northey – Manage and Maintain Availability - 25 mins
(3) Dave Northey - Deploy and Manage Your Applications - 3 mins
(4) Dave Northey - Build and Scale Your Infrastructure -10 mins
(5) Dave Northey - Deliver Services to Devices -18 mins
(6) Aidan Finn – Storage (Introduction & VHDX) - 28 mins
(7) Aidan Finn - Storage (Storage Spaces) - 19 mins
(8) Aidan Finn – Storage (iSCSI Target) – 14 mins
(9) Aidan Finn – Storage (Deduplication) – 20 mins
(10) Aidan Finn – Storage (SMB 3.0) - 12 mins
(11) Aidan Finn – Storage (Scale-Out File Server) - 14 mins
(12) John McCabe – Networking (Introduction & SMB 3.0) - 17 mins
(13) John McCabe - Networking (DHCP) - 19 mins
(14) John McCabe – Networking (IPAM) - 20 mins
(15) John McCabe – Networking (Direct Access) - 26mins
(16) Andrew Lomakin – Active Directory (Introduction & Administration) - 19 mins
(17) Andrew Lomakin – Active Directory (Virtual Domain Controllers) - 6 mins
(18) Andrew Lomakin – Active Directory (Group Managed Service Accounts) - 10mins
(19) Andrew Lomakin – Active Directory (Dynamic Access Control -1) - 13mins
(20) Andrew Lomakin – Active Directory (Dynamic Access Control -2) - 25 mins
(21) Aidan Finn – Hyper-V (Introduction & Converged Fabrics) - 26 mins...
(22) Aidan Finn – Hyper-V (VM Settings & Features) - 12 mins...
(23) Aidan Finn – Hyper-V (Hyper-V Replica) - 25 mins....
(24) Aidan Finn – Hyper-V (Live Migration) – 37 mins...
(24) John McCabe – Virtual Networks (Introduction) – 6 mins
(25) John McCabe – Virtual Networks (Software Defined Networking) – 17 mins
(26) John McCabe – Virtual Networks (Network Virtualisation) - 52 mins
(27) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Introduction) – 5 mins
(28) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Keynote Highlights) – 14 mins
(29) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Enabling Modern Apps) – 11 mins
(30) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Reveals) – 9 mins
(31) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions - Provisioning) – 6 mins
(32) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions – Network Monitoring) – 6 mins
(33) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions - DevOps) – 4 mins
(34) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions – SCOM Reporting) – 4 mins
(35) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions – Capacity Planning) – 3 mins
(36) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions - Orchestrator) – 4 mins
(37) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions – IaaS for Service Providers) – 4 mins
(38) Kevin Greene - Mini-MMS 2013 (Most Popular Sessions – Lionbridge Case Study) – 4 mins
(39) John McCabe - Mini-MMS 2013 (Introduction & Private Cloud Strategy) – 29 mins
(40) John McCabe - Mini-MMS 2013 (Unified Device Management) – 14 mins
(41) John McCabe - Mini-MMS 2013 (Automation & Integration) – 9 mins
(42) John McCabe - Mini-MMS 2013 (Orchestration) – 9 mins
The Surface Pro is a 64-bit tablet PC that combines beauty, power and mobility.
Available with up to 128 GB of storage and powered by an Intel Core i5 processor, Surface Pro is a powerful machine.
Weighing under 2 lbs and only 13.5 mm thin, it’s the perfect way to do more.
I have no idea how much they are going to cost us I’m afraid – they come in just under $999 – so not cheap..
I can’t wait
We are running a two-day deep dive training session next Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd in Microsoft’s offices in Dublin.
We have some great speakers with some great content.
Registration is still open – but there really is only a few spaces available.
See you on Monday?
And if you can’t attend in person, I’m getting the whole event recorded and edited down into bite-sized chunks, which I’ll post here on a later date.
Occasionally I’m asked if there are books that I’d recommend to help you learn Hyper-V
Well, Aidan Finn gave me a copy of his one the other day. It is currently being used as a paper weight I’m afraid (sorry Aidan)! But I did have a quick skim and it does appear to be the business (it also comes extremely highly recommended).
So, if you’re interested in what Aidan Finn, Patrick Lownds, Michel Luescher and Damian Flynn have written, here it is:
A two day session (not for the feint hearted) – in Microsoft Ireland, Dublin (22nd & 23rd April).
More details and registration here.
See you next week?
Presenter: Dux Raymond Sy, - PMP, MVP and World Class Project Management Expert
Date: Tuesday 16 April 2013 Time: 12.00 – 12.45pm Register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors: Storm Technology and Microsoft What You Will Learn:
In today’s project-centric work environment it is critical to be able to coordinate multiple projects with distributed teams and make key decisions based upon on complete and accurate information about consolidated project progress, risk and resource usage information. The good news is that today the barriers to being able to do this have been lowered – significantly lowered. New approaches and new technology – namely Microsoft’ new online project management solution – have been designed to fast track your project management success.
Join us to find out how to and see how today you can: - Quickly deploy a Project & Portfolio Management solution with Project Online - Effectively collaborate with geographically distributed project team members - Create a portfolio of projects using new and existing project plans - Manage and optimize project resources across the enterprise - Integrate existing tools such as email, Microsoft Office, mobile devices and other technology platforms - Visualize business intelligence with rich dashboards and relevant reports
Register at email@example.com
Solve a problem
Support for Small Business Site Key Messages
Microsoft understands the challenges small businesses face, and we’re here to help. The Microsoft Support for Small Business site makes it easier than ever for small businesses to get the support they need to resolve issues quickly, run their business better, and connect with more customers.