Windows Azure Instructor Led Hands-on Training
Ennis June 15, Dublin June 17, Belfast June18.
Abstract The Microsoft Developer & Platform Group is pleased to announce a number of Windows Azure Instructor Led Hands-on Training focused on Developers covering the Windows Azure Platform, for Microsoft Partners and customers. Delivered through a half-day of hands-on lab exercises, prefaced with minimal workshop style presentations, the workshop will focus on enabling attendees getting started on building, deploying, scaling and managing applications on azure.
This event is targeted at partners and customers who have projects that they are potentially looking to deploy to the Windows Azure Platform.
This workshop is aimed at developers, architects and systems designers with at least 6 months practical experience using Visual Studio 2008 and C#.
× An introduction to Azure
× Developing and Deploying an Azure application
× Azure Storage application from Azure Learning Kit
× SQL Azure application from Azure Learning Kit
× Opportunity for further Azure Workshops & Training
Fees This training is free of charge.
Note: Participation in the Windows Azure Instructor Led Hands-on Training
Requires a MSDN Premium subscription and willingness to use credit card details to activate the FREE Azure development and testing hours MSDN Premium subscribers are entitled to.
June 15, 2010
Ennis Information Age Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare
June 17, 2010
New Horizons Dublin,
Strand House, Dublin 1
June 18, 2010
Airport Road, Belfast
9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Developers, Architects & System Designers
Questions: Please email
If you are keen to get skilled up on any of Exchange, Office or SharePoint 2010, take a look at the courses below. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
MCTS: 10135 Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010
Next Course: Wednesday the 21st of July – Friday the 23rd of July Duration: 3 extended days
Where: New Horizons Ireland (Dublin 1, beside the Jervis St. Shopping Centre)
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Install and deploy Exchange Server 2010.
· Configure Mailbox servers and Mailbox server components.
· Manage recipient objects.
· Configure the Client Access server role. Manage message transport.
· Configure the secure flow of messages between the Exchange Server organization and the Internet.
· Implement a high availability solution for Mailbox servers and other server roles.
· Plan and implement backup and restore for the server roles.
· Plan and configure messaging policy and compliance.
· Configure Exchange Server permissions and security for internal and external access.
· Monitor and maintain the messaging system.
· Transition an Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 organization to Exchange Server 2010.
· Configure the Unified Messaging server role and Unified Messaging components.
· Implement High Availability across multiple sites and implement Federated Sharing.
MCTS: 10174 Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Configuring
Next Course: Monday the 30th of August – Friday the 3rd of September Duration: 5 days
· Deploy new installations and upgrades
· Configure SharePoint farms
· Configure service applications
· Configure indexing and search
· Manager operational settings
· Manager accounts and user roles
· Manage authentication providers
· Manage Web Applications. Manage site collections
· Deploy and manage SharePoint solutions
· Back-up and restore SharePoint environment
· Monitor and restore a SharePoint environment
· Optimize the performance of a SharePoint environment
New Features of Microsoft Office 2010
When: Friday the 9th of July Duration: 1 day
· Customize ribbons and tabs.
· Apply Text Effects in Word.
· Use Sparklines in Excel.
· Use Slicer in Excel.
· Apply Artistic Effects to pictures in PowerPoint.
· Use 3D transition effects in PowerPoint.
· Use Conversations view in Outlook.
New Horizons Ireland will offer €200 discount to IT Pro’s and Partners
It is with great sadness that I share the news of the passing of David Houston. Dave was the first person I made contact with in Dublin when I made the decision to move over from Canada. We had a link in our support of SBS and that lead to a mutual respect. I ran a user group back in Canada and I respect the time and dedication it tales to run a group like SBS Ireland as Dave had for a number of years.He was a fun and interesting guy with a deep desire to be involved in the technical community here in Dublin and make others better. I was fortunate enough to attend TechEd EMEA with Dave in 2009 and had a chance to spend time with Dave and get to know him and as a result will greatly miss him in the community and in general.
David Houston cheers