Virtualisation Academy is a series of FREE Level 300 Technical ‘how to’ training seminars. Half-day instructor-led training seminars give attendees exclusive access to DEEP technical training delivered by the best of local and international subject matter experts.
Suitable for: IT Managers, IT Administrators, Sys Admins, Infrastructure Admins/Managers, Developers
Location: Microsoft Ireland Building 2 (EPDC2), South County Business Park, Leopardstown, D18
Virtualisation Academy Module III: System Centre – Managing Your Virtual Environment (16 February 2010)
Register and learn more @ http://www.tinyurl.ie/ag
This secession will be presented by Paul Keely, who Microsoft last year to setup a system centre practice. It will be fast paced and fact filled. Everything will be done on a virtual environment with no more than 10 slides for the whole presentation. Agenda:
1. System Centre – the big picture: What is Microsoft’s management all about; What benefit can I get from using System Centre
2. System Centre Operations manager: End to end service monitoring; Base-lining Physical servers before and after the migration; Monitoring Hyper V
3. System Centre Configuration Manager: Controlling configuration management; Deploying images; Deploying patches
4. System Centre Data Protection Manager: Backing up critical Windows servers; Backing up the VHD native
5. System Centre Virtual Machine Manager: Manage your VHD’s Windows and VMware in one place; Scale out and control your environment
Virtualisation Academy Module IV: Client-side Virtualisation (23 March 2010)
Register and learn more @ http://www.tinyurl.ie/ah
Attend this session to learn how you can optimize your environment and save money by choosing Microsoft 2008 R2 as your application, desktop and server virtualization platform. Agenda:
1. Client Desktop Virtualization: VDI
2. Application Virtualization: App-V, Windows XP Mode and Hyper-V Virtualization
3. Server side Virtualization: Remote Apps, App-V and ways to deliver those to end clients.
4. Best practices on managing complex Application Virtualization environments based on OS build-in solutions like PowerShell and standalone product System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2.
One of the challenges of migrating to a new desktop operating system is getting those legacy applications to work. This can seem so daunting that many organisations choose not to take advantage of new technology solutions to resolve business issues because the perceived cost and time requirements to get those applications working is too much.
Good news! Migrating to Windows 7 is a whole lot easier thanks to the solutions provided by Microsoft. These vary from technology built into the operating system, a free suite of tools provided by Microsoft and tools that are included in the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP).
The available solutions were briefly talked about and demonstrated at the community launch events for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
In this session Vikas Sahni is going to walk you through using some of the solution available from Microsoft to get your legacy applications working on Windows 7. The agenda includes:
Session I - The Changes
Session II - The Tools
Vikas Sahni will be presenting this session. He is the CEO of Softedge Systems. Vikas is a software expert and has a history as a technical trainer.
Softedge Systems, the first European Microsoft IP Venture Partner, is a Dublin based software company. They focus on providing unique solutions for our clients and help distinguish them from their competition. They also develop and market software products that are differentiated by their ease of use. Softedge with its R&D and project management teams in Ireland and coding team in India is able to offer high quality, cost-effective software development for third parties.
Microsoft Ireland Building 1, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland
February 5th. Welcome at 09:30am, starting at 10:00am sharp.
You can register here.
Webcast Please DO NOT REGISTER if you are going to join the webcast.
You can join the web cast by:
1) Installing the free Live Meeting Client 2) Clicking on this link
SQL Academy is a series of FREE Level 300 Technical ‘how to’ training seminars. Half-day instructor-led training seminars give attendees exclusive access to DEEP technical training delivered by the best of local and international subject matter experts. Suitable for: IT pros, DBAs, Database Architects and Infrastructure Teams who are responsible for configuring SQL Server infrastructure
SQL Academy Module III: SQL Server Analysis Services (16 February 2010)
Register @ http://www.tinyurl.ie/8c
‘SQL Server Analysis Services’ will follow on from the popular “101” session covering an introduction to analysis services. This session covers intermediate-level SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 topics and is suitable for BI developers and consultants who have some familiarity with basic Analysis Services concepts. Agenda:
1. Modelling complex dimensions and measure groups with Analysis Services. In this session we’ll discuss how to handle more complex modelling scenarios in Analysis Services.
2. Security. This session will cover all aspects of Analysis Services security.
3. Implementing calculations with MDX. Last of all we’ll take a look at how you can improve the analytic capabilities of your cube by adding MDX calculations to it.
SQL Academy Module IV: SQL 2008 R2 – Next Generation Business Intelligence (23 March 2010)
Register @ http://www.tinyurl.ie/8d
‘SQL 2008 R2 – Next Generation Business Intelligence’, will provide demos and an overview of key Business Intelligence features included in SQL Server 2008 R2 which has just been released for the Community Technology preview (CTP). Agenda:
1. Reporting Enhancements. This session focused on the new Report Builder 3.0 which is now available for download and demonstrations on the new functionality such as MAP based features and other enhancements such as Lookup functions, RDL sandboxing, data feeds and editing improvements.
2. Project Gemini I - Excel 14 BI Engine. In memory analytics is the fastest growing area within business intelligence. This session is a demo based walk through of radically different approach to business intelligence introduced with Project Gemini.
3. Project Gemini II – MOSS and Analysis Services. This session focuses on improvements in Analysis Services to support Project Gemini and publishing of business intelligence models to highly interactive and flexible portals. We will also demo how Analysis Services has been enhanced to allow for monitoring of In Memory data models.