Migrated users unable to send emails to non-migrated mailbox
Migrated users are facing issues while sending emails to the non-migrated mailbox.
• Make sure that you have successfully signed in by using the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Application.
After you sign in, you can reconfigure your desktop applications. To do this, follow these steps:
• Make sure that the latest Microsoft Office service pack is installed. At a minimum, Service Pack 1 is required if users are using Outlook 2007.
• Make sure that you use an Outlook profile that was created by using the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In application.
Note : Before you start the troubleshooting process, you must close both Outlook and Office Communicator. Use Windows Task Manager to make sure that the Outlook.exe process and the Communicator.exe process are not still running. If either process is running in Task Manager, select the process, and then click End Process .
• Make sure that the global address list (GAL) is up to date.
Make sure that you can view any changes in the GAL by using Outlook Web Access. If the changes are not present in the GAL, the changes will not be replicated to the Outlook Offline Address Book (OAB).
Note: You must successfully sign in by using the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Application to download the Offline Address Book.
• Verify the Offline Address Book URL and GUID by using Office Outlook. To do this, follow these steps:
• Verify that the Background Intelligence Transfer Service is started. To do this, follow these steps:
• Make sure that Office Outlook is configured to use Exchange Cached Exchange Mode. To do this, follow these steps:
• Make sure that you wait 36 hours for the changes to replicate after you modify Active Directory.
The nightly OAB replication starts at 3 A.M. The process is typically completed at 5-6 A.M. PST (GMT-8). After the replication process is complete, you may have to wait another 8 hours before the OAB files are available for download on the Client Access Server (CAS) servers.
• Try to download the Offline Address Book. To do this, follow these steps:
Users\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Sign In\Config\USERNAME@COMPANY.com
• Verify that the following registry subkey matches the previously mentioned OAB file path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\USERNAME@COMPANY.COM\13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a
• Validate that Office Outlook and the local computer can access the OAB file that resides on the CAS server.
This process is typically performed in the background by Outlook or when the user forces an OAB download by using Outlook. Make sure that you sign in successfully by using the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Application. To do this, follow these steps:
• Verify the applicable registry key. To do this, follow these steps:
• Remove the Outlook data.
To remove an existing Exchange Online profile, follow these steps: