A series Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 issues have been reported to Microsoft customer support. From these issues, we figured out several hot issues and authored Knowledge base articles to explain the solutions.
To identify and troubleshoot these issues, you can find more information from the KB articles:
· 975787 Adjust User Account Control settings in Windows 7
· 976832 Error message when you insert a smart card in a reader on a Windows 7-based or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer: "Device driver software was not successfully installed"
· 975784 Enable the Quick Launch bar in Windows 7
· 975785 Customize the notification area in Windows 7
· 975786 Customize the notification area in Windows 7
· 975788 Turn off the secure desktop in Windows 7
· 976034 Get a detailed Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report for your computer in Windows 7
· 976170 Troubleshoot Aero problems in Windows 7
· 976877 Troubleshoot Aero problems in Windows 7
· 976736 How to install Windows PowerShell on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Core
· 2006291 Error message When You Bring up the Server Manager Console and click on Add / View Roles: "0x800B0100"
· 977510 Authentication fails when an external client tries to log on by using a read-only domain controller in a perimeter network
It seems like KB 976034 (detailed power report) does not work correctly on 32-bit versions of Win 7.
I always receive an "unexpected" error.
On a 64-bit version the report works nicely from the 64-bit powershell, but generates an error from the 32-bit powershell. I used powershell to quickly check whether it might be a 32-/64-bit issue.
BTW it's a localized version of Win 7 (german).
Can anybody confirm this?