The Cumulative update package 4 for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 was release this week, including 20 SQL Server 2005 KB articles. Below are the details:
SQL Server 2005 - 20 KB articles:
· 948567 When you run a query against a table that contains Traditional Chinese characters, the incorrect result is returned in SQL Server 2005
· 956574 Data results are inconsistent when you run a search query that uses the NEAR operator against an XML type data that contains the xml:lang attribute
· 961050 When you run a query that has a parallel execution plan in parallel under the READ COMMITTED isolation level on a database that is set the READ COMMITTED SNAPSHOT option in SQL Server 2005, the query that you may obtain may return uncommitted data
· 968834 Error message when you send an e-mail by using Database Mail in SQL Server 2005 or in SQL Server 2008: "The operation has timed out"
· 968900 Measures, measure groups, and dimensions that are not part of a perspective are exposed incorrectly when you create a grouping on the perspective in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services or in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
· 969528 An assertion failure occurs when you switch the schedule of a report subscription between a shared schedule and a custom schedule in SQL Server 2005 Report Services
· 969844 A server that is running SQL Server 2005 build 9.00.3159 or a later version, or SQL Server 2008 crashes if you run an MDX query
· 969997 You receive an incorrect result when you query data from a linked server that is created by using an index OLE DB provider in SQL Server 2005 or in SQL Server 2008
· 970058 Error message when you open a report by specifying multiple values for a multivalued parameter in URL in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services: "Default value or value provided for the report parameter '<Parameter>' is not a valid value"
· 970070 Support for Locked Pages on SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition 64-bit systems and on SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition 64-bit systems
· 970349 Queries from a query notification that has a lot of subscriptions run slowly when you change the Auto Close option to False in SQL Server 2005 or in SQL Server 2008
· 970551 Error message when you run an MDX query that requests a dimension property on a parent-child hierarchy in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
· 970648 The SQL Server service consumes lots of memory when you run a query that uses the sys.dm_exec_sql_text dynamic management function in the APPLY operator in SQL Server 2005
· 970672 Error message in the Errorlog file when you run a query in SQL Server 2005: "A time-out occurred while waiting for buffer latch"
· 970823 CPU usage increases when you run a query that uses a string comparison function on a computer that has many processors after you upgrade to SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3
· 970966 An MDX query that uses the NON EMPTY clause and the DrillDownLevel function returns null values in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
· 971402 Error message when you send an e-mail by using a private Database Mail profile in SQL Server 2005: "profile name is not valid"
· 971409 Error message when you run a query that contains duplicate join conditions in SQL Server 2005: "Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan"
· 971529 An UPDATE or a DELETE statement that uses a join on a remote table in a linked server runs very slowly in Microsoft SQL Server 2005
· 971607 The synchronization operation fails when you run the Merge Agent to synchronize a merge publication that uses Web synchronization in SQL Server 2005