Last week, 11 SQL Server related hot-fix KB articles were updated and 5 are for SQL 2008, 5 are for SQL 2005 and 1 is for SQL Server Compact. Below are the details:
SQL Server 2008 - 5 KB articles:
· 968830 An incorrect version is displayed on the Instance Selection page when you use SQL Server 2008 Setup to upgrade an instance of SQL Server 2008
· 961073 Error message when you run a DML statement in a LINQ to SQL application in SQL Server 2008: "The target table '<Table Name>' of the DML statement cannot have any enabled triggers if the statement contains an OUTPUT clause without INTO clause"
· 968829 Error message when you try to upgrade an instance of SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008: "Wait on the Database Engine recovery handle failed. Check the SQL Server error log for potential causes"
· 968599 Error message when you try to specify the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services account as the credential for a report server in SharePoint Central Administration: "Unable to connect to Report Server WMI provider"
· 968587 The aggregate value is incorrect when you design a query that contains some entity groups by using the Report Model Query Designer in SQL Server 2008 or in SQL Server 2005
SQL Server 2005 - 5 KB articles:
· 969142 Error message when you run the DBCC CHECKDB statement on a database in SQL Server 2005: "Unable to deallocate a kept page"
· 969619 The certificate that was used to sign classes in the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver has expired in SQL Server JDBC Driver versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
· 967348 Error message when you run a series of the CREATE SESSION CUBE statement and the DROP SESSION CUBE statement in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services: "An unexpected exception occurred"
· 967984 When you process a full-text catalog in SQL Server 2008, the operation stops responding968398 The SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services service crashes when you process dimensions in a cube that contains a calculation script by using the Process Update option
SQL Server Compact - 1 KB article:
· 968171 Error message when you try to create an encrypted database of SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition: "The operating system does not support encryption"