Last week, 16 Windows legacy products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 4 for Windows XP, 7 for Windows Server 2003, 4 for System Center and 1 for IE 8. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 4 KB articles:
· 960380 A hyperlink control that is used to open a file or an e-mail message fails in an application that uses MSXML 6.0 on a Windows XP-based or Windows Vista-based computer
· 955356 When you try to start a Windows XP SP3-based computer that is connected to an external IEEE 1394 hard disk, the system may stop responding before the logon screen appears
· 959252 Error message when you switch the operating system from a dual monitor setting to a single monitor setting on a Windows XP-based computer or on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that has the security update 954211 installed: "Stop 0x0000008E"
· 959658 A memory leak problem occurs when you run an application that uses the HttpSendRequest function of the WinHTTP API or of the WinINet API to send Secure Sockets Layer requests in Windows XP Service Pack 3
Windows Server 2003 - 7 KB articles:
· 954495 Stop error 0x24 may occur on a computer that has file system filter drivers installed in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
· 955455 The print process crashes under heavy stress on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition if the computer uses hyper-threading technology
· 955157 Error message when you try to delete an empty folder on a network share that is hosted on a Windows Server 2003-based server or on a Windows XP Professional x64 Edition-based server: "Cannot delete <DIRECTORY>"
· 955407 A memory leak occurs when you run the "list volume" command or the "select volume" command in the DiskPart.exe utility in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
· 956372 When you start a Windows Server 2003 R2-based computer, the Windows Server 2003 R2-based computer crashes if the FSRM component and many SCSI LUN storage objects are installed
· 960677 When you print a document to a redirected printer in a Windows Server 2003-based terminal server session, the document is printed to a redirected printer of a different client
· 961071 Error message when you use the Dsdbutil.exe utility or the Ntdsutil.exe utility to perform an authoritative restore of an object in Windows Server 2003: "Invalid Key %s found in DN"
System Center - 4 KB articles:
· 954090 Objects that are displayed in a performance view are not scoped to the specified group when they are viewed in the Web Console of Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1
· 956172 The CcmExec.exe process crashes on a Windows 2000-based computer if both a System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 agent and a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 client are installed on this computer
· 958253 When you try to view the Patch List property, the list of Operations Manager agent hotfixes may be truncated on System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 systems
· 959975 You receive an error message when you configure a named instance of SQL Server 2005 as the Client Status Reporting database in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2
Internet Explorer - 1 KB article:
· 960321 Description of the Compatibility View list in Windows Internet Explorer 8