Last week, 8 Windows Client products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 2 for Windows XP, 5 for Windows Vista and 1 for Internet Explorer. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 2 KB articles:
· 954232 The On-Screen Keyboard behavior on a Windows XP-based computer does not mimic the physical keyboard behavior in certain scenarios
· 948239 A Windows XP-based computer stops responding when you click Cancel in a dialog box
Windows Vista - 5 KB articles:
· 952824 IEEE 1394-compliant storage devices that are connected by additional IEEE 1394 daisy-chain ports cannot be correctly shown on a Windows Vista-based computer that is using OHCI host controllers
· 950125 Description of the Media Center Extenders for Windows Vista update released June 24, 2008
· 950124 Description of an update that provides broader support for newer TV set-top boxes in Media Center Extenders for Windows Vista
· 954061 When you run a WMI query against the CIM_DataFile class by using the "Run as administrator" option in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008, the query returns incomplete results
· 950319 On a multiprocessor computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, a network connectivity failure occurs randomly when you run certain utilities
Internet Explorer - 1 KB articles:
· 950065 Internet Explorer Maintenance Group Policy settings for the Content Advisor does not work on the client computers that have Internet Explorer 7 installed
What about KB945285, KB932596, KB949459, KB953347 and KB952131 for Vista and KB950772 for Vista x64? What about KB953609 and KB947460 for Windows XP SP2/SP3?
And tommorrow will be July 1st and I still cannot install the following on Windows XP SP3, nor is it included in SP3 for Windows XP:
- XPS Essentials Pack
- Windows Easy Transfer Companion beta
- KB922120 (LLTD Responder)
- KB923800 (Offline Crash Diagnostic)
- KB924732 (Change Analysis Diagnostic)
- KB895961 (Xbox 360 Media Center Extender support for WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER (NOT Vista MCE)
- KB938127 for IE6 and IE7 which is a critical VML security KB!
- KB889333 and KB933873 for Internet Explorer 7
KB952206 does not show up in the hotfixes for SP3 for Windows XP because it is incorrectly listed as "Windows Server XP". Please correct the error.
Hi, Thanks for pointing out the error in the articles. I have submit change request to correct the error.
For the incompleted list, my querry has some issues, let me troubleshoot and find a solution.
For the fix that cannot be deployed, I have to say, the blog will be a channel to provide the feedback to product group, however...
Thank you very much for the comments.