Last week, 6 Windows Client products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 1 for Windows XP, 5 for Windows Vista. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 1 KB articles:
· 950312 Error message when you try to start a console-based application, such as Cmd.exe, on a Windows XP-based computer: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)"
Windows Vista - 5 KB articles:
· 953834 The optical disk drive on a ThinkPad X300 computer that is running Windows Vista is not recognized after you perform a suspend-and-resume cycle or a hibernate-and-wake cycle on the computer
· 950927 The size of the GUID partition table (GPT) disk is not updated on a Windows Server 2008-based or a Windows Vista SP1-based computer after you use a disk management program to expand a logical unit number (LUN)
· 950319 On a multiprocessor computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, a network connectivity failure occurs randomly when you run certain utilities
· 949201 Stop error message when a Windows Vista-based computer that has a USB device attached resumes from standby or from hibernation: "Stop 0x000000FE ( 00000008 , 00000006 , 00000001 , parameter4 )"
· 951685 The video playback application stops responding when you watch video or Live TV on a Windows Vista-based computer
What about KB950233 for Windows Vista? And I've tried to obtain KB953834 several times, they say there's no hotfix which exists for the KB article.
The hotfix is ready for download now.
From the link:
you can submit a request for the hotfix.
But please provide me some time to do a test as an end user.
Could download it now. Thank you. :-)
Windows 7: cmd.exe gives error 0xc0000142 when run.