Last week, 15 Windows Client products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 5 for Windows XP, 9 for Windows Vista, 1 for Internet Explorer. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 5 KB articles:
· 940648 Error message when you try to open the My Documents folder on a Windows XP-based computer after you resume the computer from hibernation: "You might not have permission to use this network resource"
· 946554 The Win32_Processor class returns the incorrect Name property for the processor in a Windows XP-based computer that has an Intel Celeron processor installed
· 951709 Event ID 26 when you attach two IDE ATA/ATAPI devices as master and subordinate IDE devices on a Windows XP-based computer
· 952132 An application that installs a mirror driver over a Terminal Services session may stop responding on a Windows XP-based computer
· 952155 Description of the Remote Desktop Connection 6.1 client update for Terminal Services in Windows XP Service Pack 2
Windows Vista - 9 KB articles:
· 951663 When you restart a Windows Vista-based computer, the system does not send a restart notification to the ATAport minidriver
· 946666 When you use a third-party tool to open a picture that was previously edited in Windows Photo Gallery, some metadata fields are duplicated, dropped, or corrupted
· 951373 On a Windows Vista-based computer, the Smart Card Resource Manager may stop responding if a USB hub is disconnected from the computer while an application is communicating with a smart card reader
· 951858 Error message on a Windows Vista-based client computer that is configured to use the Corporate Error Reporting tool: "Connect to the Internet, or try again later"
· 952009 The floppy and CD drive lights are unexpectedly flashing when you run a Win32_EncryptableVolume WMI query on a Windows Vista-based computer
· 952613 An independent hardware vendor (IHV) profile may be unable to establish a wireless connection by implementing a third-party EAP method on a Windows Vista-based computer
· 953181 After you use the ReportResult method to customize the error icon when a logon failure occurs in Windows Vista, the general error icon (CPSI_ERROR) is displayed unexpectedly
· 952139 When you restart a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, and a volume on the hard disk is corrupted, a black screen is displayed, or the system stops responding
· 952629 When you restart a computer that is running Windows Vista SP1 or Windows Server 2008 and that has multiple processors installed, the computer may stop responding at the Windows Start screen
Internet Explorer - 1 KB articles:
· 950054 When you browse a Web page by using Internet Explorer 7 on a terminal server, the colors that are displayed in the MDI child forms of the Web page may be incorrect
Also, KB953028 for Windows XP and KB952139, KB952629 and KB952681 for Windows Vista. :-)
After some research, I find some keywords in our system does not very stable. Now we are resolving the problem.