Last week, 11 Windows Client products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 6 for Windows XP, 3 for Windows Vista, 2 for Internet Explorer. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 6 KB articles:
· 952079 You cannot use the Backup Utility to restore certain EFS-encrypted files on a Windows XP-based computer and data corruption occurs
· 949915 On a Windows XP-based computer, the archive attribute for a file in an offline folder is lost when the file is synchronized back to the server
· 949033 You may experience severe video degradation and a Stop error when you connect a USB Webcam to a Windows XP-based computer
· 948277 A blank desktop may appear when you log on to a Windows XP-based computer
· 945436 Error message when you try to uninstall or unload the driver for a multifunction USB device on a Windows XP-based computer: "STOP: 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
· 944898 Error message during synchronization of offline files on a Windows XP-based computer: "Unable to Make 'filename.ext' available offline"
Windows Vista - 3 KB articles:
· 951720 A Windows Vista-based computer may stop responding during shutdown after you install a series of hotfixes and then try to restart the computer
· 951499 When you use Windows Desktop Search (WDS) or Instant Search to perform a search on traditional Chinese characters on a Windows Vista-based computer, the search results are incorrect
· 942392 On a Windows Vista-based computer, you cannot access certain directories on a Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) server
Internet Explorer - 2 KB articles:
· 951593 Error message when the Mshtml.dll component causes Internet Explorer 6 to exit unexpectedly in Windows XP SP2 or in Windows Server 2003: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
· 944410 Two or more cookie files for one Web site exist in the Temporary Internet Files folder when you use Internet Explorer to browse a cookie enabled Web site
Not update the weblog in time due to the earthquake in China.
All of these XP hotfixes only contain the KB number itself, or "kbfix", "kbqfe" as keywords and all hotfixes since the original Windows XP RTM contain these keywords. To differentiate post-SP3 hotfixes so that only these turn up in the knowledge base search, I request MS to add keywords like kbprewinxpsp4 or kbwinxpsp4 to these articles.
What about KB952249, KB948349, KB950858 and KB951246 for Windows Vista? What about KB950565 for Windows XP?
For the keywords issue, I will forward the request to related engineers to check whether we can update the kb keywords.
For the issue that Dan mentioned in the comments, I have to say sorry. There is some sync up issue. Provide me some days to fix the issue.
Thanks for all the supports!
KB948277 - I know this hotfix has been around for a while but it would be nice if it gave a bit more detail as to the specific scenarios it fixes and why the issues exists in the first place. This is proabably the most vague description I have seen yet!
Thanks in advance!