In Part 1 of 3, I documented the steps to install and configure VMware Fusion 5.02 on a Mac. In this second part, I am documenting the steps to install Windows 8 from an ISO into a Fusion Virtual Machine. To be honest, this is really not much different than installing Windows 8 in general.
Installing Windows 8 in a VMware Fusion 5.02 Virtual Machine
Make sure to insert the Windows 8 DVD or ISO image to continue.
1. Select Language, Time, and Keyboard and click Next.
2. Click on Install now to begin the installation process.
3. Accept license terms and click Next.
4. Select Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced).
5. Select the disk to install Windows and click Next.
6. File copying begins…
When finished the process will restart Windows for further configuration
7. Select desired color or use default. Enter a Computer name and click Next.
8. Click Use express settings.
9. Select Sign in without a Microsoft Account. This will require a Local Account.
10. Click on Local account.
11. Specify required account information and click Next. Windows will finish configuring settings.
12. Once setup is complete, you will be logged in and presented with the Windows 8 Start page. You can now proceed to Part 3 of 3: Installing the developer tools and SDK.