The Forefront Client Security Team writes:
Today we published another Security State Assessment (SSA) definition update on Microsoft Update!
Included in this release is a new check that will provide visibility into end-user configuration of the Windows Firewall. When used with Group Policy, this new functionality aids in firewall management.
The Windows Firewall check reports on:
· Firewall status (on/off)
· User-defined exceptions
· Applicability to each network interface
Determining firewall status:
· If Windows Firewall is disabled on any network interface, the score is “High”
· If Windows Firewall is configured by Group Policy, the score is “Informational
Visibility into firewall exceptions:
· Enumerates each port and application exception
· Any exception not configured via Group Policy, the score is “Medium”
· If configured by Group Policy, the score is “Informational”
Thank you for full disclosure
Thank you for this security information
Thank you for providing information security an important thing.
The information you provide about the firewall has really help me thanks.