Automated solutions that are easy, intuitive, and available when and where you need them. Browse for solutions or sign in and post a comment.
KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
After you install security update 908531 (security bulletin MS06-015), you may experience one or more of the following problems:
· You cannot access special folders such as "My Documents" or "My Pictures."
· Microsoft Office applications stop responding when you try to save or to open Office files in the My Documents folder.
· When you type an address in the Address box in Microsoft Internet Explorer and then press ENTER or click Go, nothing happens.
· When you right-click a file and then click Send To, nothing happens.
· When you expand a folder in Windows Explorer, nothing happens.
· Some third-party applications stop responding when you open or save data in the “My Documents” folder.
The problems that the "Symptoms" section describes are specific to security update 908531 (security bulletin MS06-015) and can be prevented by installing the new version of security update 908531 (security bulletin MS06-015) that was released on April 25, 2006.
If you cannot install the new version of security update 908531 (MS06-015) that was released on April 25, 2006, see the "Steps to resolve this problem" section for instructions on how to manually add the HP Share-to-Web software or the NVIDIA shell extensions to the Allow list.