Microsoft News Center
Tech News Blogs
The latest update for Nokia devices running Windows Phone 8 is now rolling out more broadly, Nokia announced on Thursday.
Known as “Lumia Black,” the update includes new features, apps and improvements from both Nokia and Microsoft. The update will roll out on Lumia 925 and 1020 phones first, with other Lumia models to follow.
Here’s what’s in the update, according to Windows Phone Blog Editor Michael Stroh:
· App Folder. A new Start screen feature for grouping similar apps and settings, making it easier to personalize and organize your phone.
· Nokia Glance screen 2.0. Saves you time and taps by keeping important notifications — phone, text, email, calendar and notifications from apps like Twitter and Facebook — visible at a glance.
· Bluetooth LE. This feature is coming to the entire Windows Phone 8 Lumia range — big news for fans of the adidas miCoach Smart Run watch and other Bluetooth LE-compatible gadgets.
· Nokia Refocus. This magical imaging app lets you capture first and re-focus later, creating sharable interactive photos that have to be seen to be believed. (Requires 1GB RAM or more.)
· Nokia Beamer. Beam documents, presentations and whatever else you like to any HTML5-enabled screen by scanning a QR code. (Requires 1GB RAM or more).
· Nokia Storyteller. Already available on the Lumia 1520 and 2520, the Storyteller app arranges your photos by date and place, and then locates them on an interactive map, to create stories from your snapshots.
· Nokia Camera. Combines two of Nokia’s most lauded photography apps — Pro Camera and Smart Camera — into one powerful and easy-to-use package. Already available on Lumia PureView smartphones, the Black update brings it to the rest of Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 device line up.
Head on over to the Windows Phone Blog for more information and to find out how to get the update.
You might also be interested in:
· Staff App Pick: skinScan · The IGN car pack from “Forza Motorsport 5” brings sexy back with 1957 Ferrari and 2008 Lamborghini · Update to adidas miCoach for Windows Phone 8 adds more stats and tap-to-share workout info
Jeff Meisner Microsoft News Center Staff