You may receive an error similar to the following when running a scheduled data refresh of a PowerPivot workbook in SharePoint:
The table with ID of '<TableID>', Name of '<TableName>' referenced by the 'Sandbox' cube, does not exist. An error occurred when loading the Sandbox cube, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.POWERPIVOT\OLAP\Backup\Sandboxes\PowerPivotServiceApplication\<GUID>.db\Sandbox.9825.cub.xml'.
You might see this error in the scheduled data refresh results on the PowerPivot Data Refresh History Page. You might also see this error in ULS logs of the SharePoint server running the PowerPivot system service after matching the Correlation ID of a generic error received when trying to view the Manage Data Refresh page for the PowerPivot workbook.
The error may be the result of a recent SharePoint update which could cause the file store data cache for the PowerPivot cube data to become obsolete.
The following steps can be used to resolve the error so the scheduled data refresh runs successfully:
1. Stop the SQL Server PowerPivot System Service on the SharePoint server running the PowerPivot service in SharePoint Central Administration > System Settings > Manage Services on Server.
2. Rename the following folder (the path may be slightly different on your system depending on the drive where PowerPivot was installed and the name of the PowerPivot service application):
C:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.POWERPIVOT\OLAP\Backup\Sandboxes\PowerPivotServiceApplication1
C:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.POWERPIVOT\OLAP\Backup\Sandboxes\PowerPivotServiceApplication1.old
3. Start the SQL Server PowerPivot System Service in SharePoint Central Administration.
4. Retest the scheduled data refresh of the PowerPivot workbook.
5. If the data refresh runs successfully, you can delete the PowerPivotServiceApplication1.old folder.