Here is some great news from Jim Corbin in the Developer Docs team:
The Project 2010 SDK download and the MSDN online release are both published, and the Project Developer Center portal is updated.
· Project Developer Center: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905469.aspx
· SDK Online: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms512767(office.14).aspx
· SDK Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=46007f25-b44e-4aa6-80ff-9c0e75835ad9&displaylang=en
Following are the major content sections in the Project 2010 SDK.
· What's New for Developers in Project 2010
· Project Server Architecture and Programmability (with three subtopics)
· Workflow and Demand Management
· Custom Fields in Project 2010 (with six subtopics)
· VBA Object Model Changes (includes the subtopic, How to: Add a Custom Command to the Ribbon)
o Tables of VBA Object Model Changes (In the Programming References section – lists new members organized by functional area. Supplements VBA Help in the client, which includes a list of all new objects and members organized alphabetically.)
· Overview of WCF and the PSI (explains the basics of the Windows Communication Framework interface and the nature of the dual WCF and ASMX interfaces of the PSI)
· Developing Project Server Workflows (includes subtopics for configuring Visual Studio, developing, deploying, and testing the workflow)
· Walkthrough: Developing PSI Applications Using WCF
· PSI Reference Overview (introduction to the namespaces and Web services of the PSI)
· Project Server 2010 Class Library and Web Service Reference (landing page for the PSI object model reference)
Note: Some JS Grid articles are currently in the Project SDK, but are updated in the SharePoint Foundation SDK. The basic articles will be removed from the Project SDK in the next update, and we will add Project-specific articles over time. See JS Grid Control and Microsoft.SharePoint.JSGrid Namespace for the JS Grid documentation.
For the first time, the Project SDK download is installed with an MSI, in [Program Files]\Microsoft SDKs – along with the SharePoint Foundation, SharePoint Server, and Windows SDK downloads. The installation also creates entries on the Start menu:
Major content in the download:
· pj14SDK_beta.chm is an HTML Help file that includes the same conceptual topics and managed code reference that is online.
· pj14ReportingDB_beta.chm documents the RDB schema.
· mspdi_pj14.xsd is the Project Standard / Professional XML schema for data interchange.
· WINPROJ.DEV.hxs is an update of VBA Help that includes the latest changes in the VBA OM documentation and (at last) F1 Help IDs that work right. (VBA Help in the Excel 2010 beta has the same issue, but with 6,000 topics, compared to Project's 2800. The DevDocs group will publish a download that updates all VBA Help files for Office 2010 beta clients.) There are also instructions for replacing the VBA Help file shipped with the Project beta.
· Intellisense subdirectory: includes updates of the XML files for Intellisense descriptions, instructions for installing, and scripts for creating a PSI proxy assembly using either the WCF or ASMX interface. With a proxy assembly, developers can see Intellisense descriptions for the PSI Web service objects and members.
· BranchingWorkflow includes the complete Visual Studio 2010 project for creating a Project Server workflow, as described in the online SDK.
· WCFHelloProject includes a Visual Studio 2008 project that programmatically configures a WCF application for Project Server. It also includes a Visual Studio 2010 project that configures the WCF application using the app.config file, which enables many of the flexible features of WCF (for example, the same app can be configured to run over HTTP SOAP for the Extranet, or with NET.TCP for faster Intranet access – without recompiling).
Content Very good.