A Microsoft Partner - Skyline - are offering a great opportunity for Oracle DBAs to attend training on SQL Server 2005. Skyline are a Partner that has strong skills in both technologies.
Here is the info from Skyline. Please contact them directly to discuss further.
SQL Server 2005 Training for Oracle Database Administrators
More and more frequently DBA jobs require multiple skill sets. We see many requests for Oracle DBA's with SQL Server 2005 DBA skills as a requirement. In today's competitive job marketplace knowing SQL Server 2005 is no longer considered a 'nice to have', it not only makes work life more interesting, it can inevitably pay off financially too.
This course provides an overview of SQL Server 2005 functionality for Oracle DBA's. The training programme is delivered by a leading Oracle & SQL Server Database expert, who offers an objective and detailed view of the respective technologies, whilst understanding and empathising with the perspective of the Oracle DBA.
Why should an Oracle DBA attend these courses?
• To extend their SQL skills.
• Understand the differences and similarities between Oracle DBMS & SQL Server.
• To be able to manage and maintain enterprise applications and data in a heterogeneous environment.
• To broaden their skills and become more marketable.
• To be able to evaluate both technologies objectively for future implementations.
• To help their organisations to reduce costs.
• To extend their role as custodian of corporate data.
• To protect themselves from potential or future changes in IT policy.
Pre-requisites - Working knowledge of Oracle Database Version 8i, 9i or 10g, 8i/9i/10g OCP (Oracle Certified Professional).
We will be running these courses from September 2007 through to April 2008. If you would like more details and to see the schedule, please visit: