edwalt's - Things I Wish I'd known about SBS 2003.... Blogs - edwalt's - Things I Wish I'd known about SBS 2003.... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Blogs

SCE 2007 - Installation returns the error "The selected SQL Reporting Server instance is not configured".

  • Comments 12
  • Likes

In this scenario the error is returned very early in the installation.  After selecting the report server/instance the following error is returned:

The selected SQL Reporting Server instance is not configured.
To continue with setup, you must first configure the SQL Reporting Server instance using SQL Server's Reporting Services Configuration Manager. has occurred

 

SCEsetup.log:
CheckHttpAddressResponse: WebException Raised. The following error occurred : The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

 

Resolution:

1.  Open IIS Administrator.
2.  Properties of the Default Website.
3.  Clear any numbers in the "SSL Port" box.
4.  Run installation.

Comments
  • What a great find.  Thank you!

  • I have this same issue *without* any SSL ports.  SQL Report Configuration Utility says reporting is fine, and I can go to http://<servername>/Reports with no issues.

  • MS should make this a KB article. I spent money and time opening a support call with a SQL rep to have SSRS fixed while it's and SCE installer bug.

    Thanks though. You made my day.

  • Thanks, This solved my problem!

    Jochem

  • Thanks for that, it was driving me nuts!

  • I found the issue with our setup.  When you go into reporting services configuration, under database- make sure the database is servername\DatabaseName NOT [local]\DatabaseName.  This corrected our issue.

  • found another issue with mismatch of FQDN and netbios domain names see

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/937831/en-us

    peter

  • finally found the fix as the two microsoft fixes do not appear to work

    the fix is actually in sce sp1, the issue is the full dvd you download is rtm and the sp1 iso can't be slip streamed into the rtm cd.

    the fix i found is slightly obvious once you know it

    download and install the sce 2007 sp1 eval, then use the key from the productkey.txt file (that is in the root of the full version rtm cd) to activate the eval into a full version

    job done, two days of heartache, and any hair i have not pulled out is now grey

    M$ really need to update the VL image with sp1 to prevent all this agrovation

  • This is incredible, I have spend Hours and Hours trying to get this installed.  Thanks so much for the help!

  • Thanks! This worked for me.  I installed WSUS 3.1 first using the separate website.  I had to remove the numbers from the "WSUS Administration" site.  

  • Just spent the best part of 2 hours grappling with this one. Was about to throw the server, then myself out of the window when i decided to delete the SCEsetup.log file (as it was pretty big).

    Deleted it, pressed next, seems to work.

    This is probably a massive co-incidence, but id feel bad if some other poor sod just wasted as much time as I have.

  • AndyJ,

    You totally rock!! I got to the error about SSRS not being configured .... backed up one click .. deleted the log file and viola!!  Off to the races!!

    THAKNS! THANKS!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment