I get asked about how to migrate from Google Apps for Education to Office 365 Education every day from my education customers. There are several ways to do this: native Office 365 IMAP migration tools, 3rd party IMAP migration tools, 3rd party cloud based migration tools (if you also want to migrate Google calendar and contacts too), and now a new self-service email migration option that I found by accident.
This discovery came about from a campus in California who asked about self-service Google Apps Gmail migration options for Office 365 Education. I thought about it and I know Outlook could certainly do this but what about OWA since in a student scenario they would likely only have OWA as their client?
I logged into OWA and I took a guess about using the ‘connected mailbox’ approach and it worked!! I didn’t know this would work for Google Apps Gmail but it does. I think this is a great option for student/faculty self-service migrations from Gmail/Google Apps or other IMAP solutions on campus.
Why self-service vs. other migration approaches for Google Apps Gmail or other IMAP systems
· easy to do - fast
· no administrator involvement – no scheduling, etc.
· Admins don’t have to gather user passwords – a lot of IMAP migration tools require knowledge of the end-user password in some cases
· no IMAP migration tools necessary to leverage or purchase
This connected mailbox migration can be used as a quick way to migrate from Google Apps/Campus IMAP systems/Zimbra or other IMAP solutions.
How do you conduct a self-service Google Apps Gmail/Other IMAP system migration:
1) Have the user log into their Office 365 mailbox with Outlook Web App. Next, have them click the Cog icon in the upper right hand corner and then click options > account > connected accounts
2) Hit the ‘+’ sign – add in their Google Apps account email and password
3) Wait until status says ‘OK’ and then check your Office 365 Education inbox and that fast you just completed a self-service migration from Google Apps Gmail or other IMAP solution. All of the mail will appear in the Office 365 Exchange inbox.
4) Your self-service migration from Google/other IMAP system email is complete to Office 365
5) To avoid confusion, the end user will remove Google Apps account after complete sync into Office 365 inbox under connected accounts.
6) Optional: End user can add any personal Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, other (Comcast, AOL, etc) under connected accounts to sync into a single Office 365 inbox
Step 6 is a useful feature since all personal emails can sync into a single inbox and and you can even reply using the other email system addresses all from within OWA. I think students or faculty would really like this option of a universal inbox for all their emails.
You can also create connected mailboxes from powershell as admins:
New-IMAPSubscription -Name "User1_IMAP_Subscription" -Mailbox "user1" -EmailAddress email@example.com -IncomingUserName user1 -IncomingPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString -String 'UsersPassword' -AsPlainText -Force) -IncomingServer imap.yourIMAPserver.com -IncomingSecurity None -IncomingPort 143
For more information on using connected accounts in Office 365 see here.
From your demo it looks like mail connects. What about Google calendar(s) transfers?
This is only an IMAP4 connection so calendars do not migrate. If you want to migrate calendar/contacts you will have to look at a third party tool for that. Search on Office 365 and Google Apps migration tool. There are many excellent solutions available such as Cloudmigrator365, Migrationwiz, Quest along with many others.
Wij hosten onze eigen domein op <a href="www.kliento.be/.../"> google apps </a> en het vandaag waren we niet in staat om
stuur e-mails naar elkaar. de fout die we kregen was
Dit is een automatisch gegenereerde Delivery Status Notification
Levering aan de volgende ontvanger is mislukt permanent:
pravinseller @ ******. com
Technische details van permanente mislukking:
PERM_FAILURE: Google geprobeerd om uw boodschap over te brengen, maar het was
verworpen door de ontvanger domein. Wij adviseren contact opnemen met de andere
e-mailprovider voor meer informatie over de oorzaak van deze fout.
De fout die de andere server terug was: 553 553 sorry, het doorgeven
ontkende vanaf uw locatie [220.127.116.11] (# 5.7.1) (staat 14). ""
Kan iemand mij helpen met dit?
Does this still work with gmail (google app) accounts? When we try, we get the following error: warning - A secured connection couldn't be established to this account. Not all providers offer secured connections. Would you like to try an unsecured connection instead?
then if we try to connect using imap:
it says: error - The specified IMAP server currently isn't supported. Please create a POP subscription instead.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for posting this. I work with a tool called TransferMyEmail, which migrates mail over IMAP.
You can try it for free here: http://transfermyemail.com
Here's an article on TechNet that might help:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn568114.aspx