Judging from a number of newsgroup posts, there is some confusion about differences and similarities between TMG Beta 3 arrays and UAG Beta 2 arrays. So I thought a quick summary might be useful:
So what's the difference between the array types?
So how does a standalone array work?
So what can I do with a standalone array?
So what should I know before I start?
· As with all beta versions, there are issues you should be aware of before beginning an array deployment. The release notes have all the known issues at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772157.aspx.
Where can I read more?
· For UAG, there's a planning guide for arrays and NLB over at TechNet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd861476.aspx)
· For UAG array deployment information, take a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857305.aspx
· Also, take a look at Asaf Kariv's blog post at http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/archive/2009/06/29/array-and-network-load-balancing.aspx
· If you're using UAG DirectAccess, take a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee191502.aspx for information about array configuration
· For TMG, take a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd440989.aspx
Forefront UAG UE team
Feedback to email@example.com
Note that this is a new alias and you may not yet be able to send mail to it. We are expecting the alias to be up and running some time during the next 24 hours - thanks!
Does this mean that Direct Access will not be supported if you are using ie. cisco firewall equipment?