We are happy to announce support for SQL Server 2014 running on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7 and AX 2012 Cumulative Update 5. With Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7, DIXF is currently not supported on SQL Server 2014.
What about R3, you forgot one :)
...is there a special build needed of R2 or just any CU7+ build?
Wim, R3 supports SQL 2014 by default.
Rene, any CU7 (or later) build is supported for AX 2012 R2.
Johan - is it the model & kernel, or just kernel that need to be CU7+?
We're running CU1 model but CU6 kernel...
There seems to be some conflicting info - TechNet states that DIXF supports SQL 2014
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn720760.aspx. Can anyone clarify?
This is Midhun and I am working for Win Wire Technologies. One of our client is Looking for AX Developer in Fremont, CA. If you are interested send me your updated resume along with contact details.
Title: AX Developer with Fixed Asset Module
Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: Long Term
AX Developer with experience in Fixed Asset Module
• Responsible for closing fixed asset module in Dynamics AX 2012
• Record monthly depreciation, including estimated depreciation on projects to be closed
• Maintain the capital leases in Dynamics AX 2012 and maintain the related GL reconciliations
• Record the cost of newly acquired and constructed fixed assets acquisitions, transfers and dispositions in the accounting system
• Calculate and record the capitalized interest
• Review monthly repair and maintenance charges
• Reporting for fixed asset activity
• Monthly reconciliation between ledger and sub ledger
• Fixed asset and CIP roll forward
• Performs mass addition transfers, assignments, postings, and deletions weekly while coordinating with RSP accounting manager
• Monthly reporting to controllers and IT managers of AUC assets project status and fixed asset detail
• Ad hoc reporting, as necessary
• This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental
regulations and statutes related to the site)
• Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries
Thanks & Regards,
Will there be a support for MS SQL Server 2014 and Dynamics AX 2009?
I just logged a request with MS to check if a cu7 Kernel was adequate. Their reply was.....
It requires both Application and Kernel hotfix. Because Application layer has also been modified to adapt SQL 2014 compatibility. Otherwise, it will just require for latest kernel update.
In a word, in order to use SQL 2014, CU7 (Application and Kernel )on R2 is essential.
Does anybody know if "in-Memory" is supported from AX 2012 R2 CU7
TXs & Br
SQL Server In-Memory OLTP is not supported.
For SQL Server 2014 support for the AX 2012 R2 CU7 version of DIXF, please refer to