On behalf of the AX In-Market Engineering team, I am happy to announce that cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 is now released on Partner Source and Customer Source.
Download it now!
· Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7 (KB2885603) – build #6.2.1000.4051
AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7 : Scope
· Enhanced AX Update experience
o Meta-data driven, contextual and granular approach to AX updates
o Technical impact analysis tightly integrated into the AX Update installer experience
o Integration with Lifecycle services for Business Impact Analysis & storing update state in LCS cloud
o Automated code update (where possible)
· Quality improvements:1,062 Roll-up of R2 hotfixes including forward-ports from AX2012 RTM/FP
o Foundation: 115, GFM: 386, SCM: 264, SI: 175, HCM: 26, Retail: 96
· Scenario enhancements, regulatory update highlights:
o Business scenario enhancements:
Module or feature area
· New options for configuring workflows for vendor invoices.
more info >>
· External documents can now be sent as email to a customer or vendor by using the email address that is specified by the address purpose field. Any report can be sent as email to an internal employee by using the worker title.
more info >>>
· You can create a budget plan worksheet template for Excel by using a wizard in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
· The budget allocation process is easier, because you can use ledger allocation rules for budgets.
· Budget planning workflows can be set up so that they can’t be accidentally deleted or reset.
· Budget planning workflows can be set up so that they require a parent budget plan.
· You can specify whether budget planning user groups (XDS policies) are used for budget planning. You can also specify the number of associated budget plan lines to include when budget plans are exported to Excel.
· You can view worksheet and justification documents from the Budget plan page in Enterprise Portal for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
· The process of creating a budget plan from an existing budget plan is enhanced.
· You can now transfer more than one fixed asset at the same time.
· The acquisition cost of fixed assets can include a miscellaneous charge amount.
· The process for acquisition proposals or depreciation proposals for fixed assets can now be run in a batch process.
· An Excel template for journal entries is included on the virtual machine for demo data.
· More understandable posting messages for journal lines that have errors in the account combination.
· Delete an unposted journal that contains lines.
· View advanced rules for a main account.
· Easier dimension setup for Excel integration.
· Display dimensions in a specified order in Management Reporter.
· New preparation reports available to help make it easier for employers to complete mandatory human resource reports.
· Changes to the forecast positions area .
· You can require additional details when worker information is entered or changed, and optionally enable workflow.
Inventory and warehouse management
· New On-hand entries cleanup batch job can be used to delete unused entries for serialized on-hand inventory, helping to improve the performance of queries for on-hand inventory.
· You can combine two or more inventory batches into a new or existing batch.
· Added new Role Center for costing and inventory valuation.
· You can mass update benefit rates for workers.
· Tiered contribution calculation rates for retirement benefit plans.
· Create and update payroll tax groups.
· Preparation of regulatory compliance reports for payroll.
· Separate positive pay statements for Payroll bank accounts.
Procurement and sourcing
· Financial dimensions can be specified on sales agreements or purchase agreements.
· A Totals FactBox is added to the Purchase orders list page.
Product information management
· You can determine prices using a product configuration model.
· Case management functionality is enhanced for documenting and releasing product changes to production.
Project management and accounting
· Use Microsoft Project to create or update a Microsoft Dynamics AX project plan, and integrate with an Office 365 SharePoint project site.
· Use Microsoft Project to create or update the work breakdown structure (WBS) for a Microsoft Dynamics AX project quotation.
· Create a WBS template for Microsoft Dynamics AX by using Microsoft Project.
· Expanded support for working with project teams, defining project role types, and managing projects.
· Expanded support for managing worker assignments and capacity in projects.
· Enable audit trails on timesheet entry and reporting.
· Improved management of project tasks in a WBS.
· Improvements for creating WBS templates for project tasks.
· Intercompany pro forma invoices for project costs.
· The configuration keys for public sector organizations in France are enabled by default, hence the primary address of the organization no longer has to be in France if you want to use the French public sector accounting rules.
· You can now dispose of more than one fixed asset at the same time.
· Prompt for a reason code when the cashier opens the cash register drawer without performing a sale transaction.
· You can post store transactions from statements based on the end of the business day instead of the calendar day.
· You can use a new statement method to calculate statements by shift.
· Passwords can now be changed and reset in Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail POS.
· Cashiers can view additional customer account information in Retail POS.
Sales and marketing
· You can calculate the sales price of an item by using an attribute-based pricing formula.
Backup and recovery
· We have added functionality for backup and recovery for cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
Data import, export, migration
· As of CU7, the Data Import/Export Framework is shipped as part of AX instead of as an add-on.
· Improved performance when you use the Office Add-ins. A new Validate dimensions button helps you locate and correct financial dimensions that were entered incorrectly or that are suspended.
mpre info >>>
· Sales taxes and ledger accounts can be reconciled more easily.
· Performance is improved for tax reporting.
· You can post of sales tax amounts for intercompany transactions to either the source legal entity or the destination legal entity.
Sales tax processing
o 60 country-specific updates
Generate electronic payment files for SEPA direct debits. For more info, see Create payments for customers who have direct debit mandates.
Generate and send DANFE as a PDF file.
Configure multiple fiscal printers.
Approximate taxes for items and services.
Import and verify NF-e XML documents and DANFE from emails.
Void the last fiscal receipt.
Update and maintain the transfer history for a fixed asset that you transfer from one location to another.
Create tax corrective docs for sales returns, sales discounts & VAT corrections.
Generate and maintain EU entry certificates for items or services.
OIOUBL: • allow negative invoice lines • validator updated • electronic reminder and application response
Generate electronic payment files for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) credit transfers.
Generate the Finnish sales tax payment report in a foreign currency.
Generate electronic payment files for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) direct debits.
France Germany Spain
Generate electronic payment files for SEPA credit transfers.
Print checks for multiple vendors from a payment journal.
Generate general ledger reports based on the posting layer of the transactions.
Credit memos updated to properly display a German label.
ELSTER Handler: New IP addresses for submission.
Prevent tax reimbursement report for certain countries.
Set up and apply threshold limits on customer and vendor transactions. You can set up threshold limits for direct taxes in India and then specify the tax rates for each threshold limit. You can also set up a tax concession certificate for a customer or a vendor.
Use the sales tax hierarchy to process sales tax settlements, sales tax payments, and sales tax returns.
Generate a Spesometro declaration for domestic value-added tax (VAT) transactions.
Correct the page number format on fiscal journal report.
Apply asset retirement obligation (ARO) to calculate interest expenses, depreciation amounts, and retirement costs.
Calculate fixed asset impairments.
Fixed asset reports for Japan.
Reduction entry subsidy for Japan.
Generate the value-added tax (VAT) declaration as an XML file.
Updates to corrective invoice to include reference to numbers and dates of corrected invoices.
Attach files and links to EHF electronic invoices.
Set up the parameters that are used to identify the transactions that are included in the overdue vendor debt Corporate Income Tax (CIT) and Personal Income Tax (PIT) journal. You can then create an overdue vendor debt CIT and PIT journal for a period.
Set up the parameters that are used to identify the transactions that are included in the overdue debt journal. You can then generate the lists of overdue customer or vendor payments for a specific period.
Use exchange rates from the European Central Bank to recalculate VAT for sales invoices that use foreign currency.
Update depreciation calculation for some fixed assets.
VAT Changes 2013: Correction invoice.
VAT Changes 2013: VAT register, deduct calculated VAT, tax base.
Regulate the return of retail sales items at the POS.
Russian address format for Retail.
Corrections to general ledger transactions when a correspondent account cannot be found in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
Changes to configuration files for electronic reporting for Russia.
Improvements to Report Transaction List.
Data upgrade improvements to correctly update accounts for CustVend and Invent Posting log.
Changes in VAT: Period of revenue recognition in the case of value increase.
Declaration of alcohol sales in Retail & Distribution.
Fiscal printers integration.
Enable financial dimensions for Sales & Purchases agreement header and lines.
Generate a payment due date compliance report that includes both vendor payments and promissory note transactions.
Update to currency shown on Swedish sales tax report.
Select the Check tax exempt number check box in the Country/region parameters form to validate the format of the company identification number (UID) for a customer or vendor of a legal entity.
Correct the VAT 100 report in United Kingdom.
This is a wonderful development and we are glad to note the continued commitment and efforts of Microsoft Dynamics to support AX and its customers and service partner.
For more details about What's New in cumulative update for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, see the New, Changed, and Deprecated Features for Dynamics AX 2012 section of the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Technical Library on TechNet: technet.microsoft.com/.../dn527179.aspx
Download link is broken. Correct link is (https) support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2885603
Currently nowhere to be found on the PartnerSource website (no surprise, once again the site is not up to date), but still available for download