An abstract of the new retail functionality:
Multi-Channel Management | Store Operations | Merchandising:
· Cross-channel scenarios such as “buy online/pick up in store” enhance customer convenience.
· Retail channel integration with online marketplaces and stores creates new opportunities for sales, customer interaction and feedback.
· Sites enable product/service quotations, recruiting, ad promotion and more in the cloud.
· Integrate assortment and category management with online channels.
Centralized Store Management
· Centralized POS terminal management includes visual and functional profiles, user interface layouts, and employee permissions.
· Enhanced store connect performance, extensibility
· Manage staff at the store, regional, and global levels leveraging powerful Dynamics AX HR capabilities
· Create orders and quotations without leaving the customer’s side using POS-based order support capabilities.
· New POS store database offering central point of consolidation for store data offering in greater extensibility.
· Powerful new capabilities for end of day like blind close, and floating till.
· New store-specific pricing and New discounting flexibility including exclusive, best price, and compounded
· New option to specify a discount - coupon
· Take advantage of powerful assortment management including creation, scheduling, tracking, leveraging n-level deep item hierarchies and category management.
And in general:
We expect the new version to be available February 1st, 2012.
Looking forward to it!