We're working to finalize a list of log files and other data that we'd like to capture in advance of the initial callback but for now we have a list of questions that we'll probably ask you when starting work on your DPM 2007 or DPM 2010 case. If you like, you can copy and paste this list along with the answers and email it to your case/engineer so that you both will have a good head start in getting your issue resolved.
• Is this a fresh installation of DPM using the RTM bits or was this an upgrade from a previous version or from Beta?
• When did the problem first start? You can select the Monitoring tab and review the Alerts/Jobs for details.
• Has it ever worked as expected?
• What changes (if any) were made just prior to the failures?
• Can you reproduce the problem? If so can you please provide the exact steps?
• Are other protected data sources experiencing the same problem?
• Is the error specific to one type of data source? Example, Exchange jobs fail but SQL and SharePoint are successful.
• What is the application version that is experiencing the problem? Example, SQL 2005, SQL 2008, Exchange 2007…etc.
• Is the protected data source running on a standalone server, domain controller or a cluster?
• Is the system that is experiencing the problem in the same domain as the DPM server?
• Do other protected data sources reside on the same machine? Are they also failing?
• Is the target machine for which you're experiencing the issue on the same LAN as the DPM server or over a WAN?
• What is the error message and ID in the Details pane? If possible, please copy/paste this or provide a screenshot.
Do you have a question, concern or suggestion? Your feedback is very important to us — it helps us make sure we're on track and keeps us focused on continually improving our services. If your callback is not exceeding your expectations for any reason, or if you have any other feedback on this site or out services please click the button below and let us know.