My colleague Christophe has done a rather nice job of summarizing (yes I have moved to US spelling) Project 2007 content to date. I encourage you to subscribe to
his blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/
Please find below an inventory of all the Project 2007 content recently published broken out by audience:
The following have been published the Productivity content for Project 2007 (subscribe to this RSS feed):
Set working times, vacations, and holidays for your project
Goal: Control project risks
Share work on an enterprise project
Create WBS codes
Demo: Add, hide, and show columns in Project
Use the Project Guide to start a new project
A short course in project management
How scheduling works in Project
Watch this: create slack (float) in your schedule
Goal: Monitor costs
New Content (subscribe to this RSS feed)
· Video demo: Using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services with the Project Server 2007 Cube Building Service This two-part video demonstration walks through the steps necessary to configure the Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 cube building services for use with SQL Server Analysis Services 2005.
· Walkthrough: Deploy Project Server 2007 to a server farm environment This article contains a white paper and a four-part video series which provide a walkthrough of a typical Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 deployment. The white paper contains step-by-step instructions for each step necessary to successfully deploy Office Project Server 2007. The video series mirrors the steps described in the white paper.
· The Challenges of Selecting Enterprise Software This is the latest article by Chris Vandersluis in the “From the Trenches” column on the Project Server 2007 TechCenter.
· Virtualizing Project Server 2007 This chapter includes six topics that explain hyper-v architecture and best practices for planning, installing, and configuring a Project Server 2007 deployment on Hyper-V.
· Deploy Project Server 2007 Updates This article provides a general overview of the types of updates that are available to for Project Server 2007. It describes important things to know about each update types, as well as links to separate articles on each update type.
· Checklist for deploying Project Server 2007 updates This checklist provides a list of general steps required to update a Project Server 2007 farm deployment.
· Office Project Server 2007 Performance Counters This technical reference article provides a list of performance indications you can monitor in Project Server 2007.
· Inventory of SQL Server databases for a typical Project Server 2007 deployment This technical reference article provides a list of databases that are created in a Project Server 2007 and Portfolio Server 2007 deployment.
· Best Practices for Migrating to Project Server 2007 This paper provides guidance, references, and best practices to observe when migrating to Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 from Project Server 2003. The audiences for this guide are business application specialists, line-of-business specialists, IT generalists, program managers, and infrastructure specialists who want to migrate to Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 and want the required planning requirements, migration steps and helpful hints obtained from previous experience.
· How to Leverage Project Server 2007 with PerformancePoint Server 2007 Monitoring and Analytics This white paper provides an overview of the Microsoft PerformancePoint Server software and how it can be used to develop dashboards with the existing relational and analytical databases created with Microsoft Office Project Server 2007. In addition to detailing some advanced techniques for creating analytically rich scorecards, it covers how to organize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other best practices.
· Deploy cumulative updates (Project Server 2007) (updated) This article has been updated to provide more information about cumulative update server packages for Project Server 2007 farms deployed with Office SharePoint Server 2007. It has also been updated to describe client cumulative update dependencies required for cumulative updates including the Project Server infrastructure update.
· Manage Active Directory synchronization in Project Server 2007 (Updated) This article has been updated with information about how synchronization deadlocks occur and how to go about removing a deadlock if it occurs.
· Requirements for using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with the Project Server 2007 Cube Building Service (Updated) This article has been updated to refer to the Feature Pack for SQL Server 2005 – December 2008. The Analysis Management Objects installed with the SQL Server 2005 Management Objects that were in earlier versions of the SQL Server 2005 Feature pack required a workaround in order for the Cube Building Service to function correctly.
· Prepare for migration to Project Server 2007 (updated) This article has been updated to describe the best practice of applying the latest update to the Project Professional 2007 client from which you run the migration tool to ensure that it has the latest updates.
· TechNet Webcast: Microsoft Office Project Server 2007: Network Communication (Level 300)
· TechNet Webcast: Microsoft Office Project Server 2007: Server Administration (Level 300)
· TechNet Webcast: Microsoft Office Project Server 2007: Maintenance and Monitoring (Level 300)
· TechNet Webcast: Microsoft Office Project Server 2007: Deployment into a SharePoint Server 2007 Intranet Farm (Level 300)
· TechNet Webcast: Microsoft Office Project Server 2007: Disaster Recovery (Level 300)
· TechNet Webcast: Microsoft Office Project Server 2007: Virtualization (Level 300)
April 29, 2009, 11am Pacific Time
· TechNet Webcast: Communication between Project Professional and Project Server - Active Cache processes and Architecture drill down (Level 300) (Level 300)
May 28, 2009, 9:30am Pacific Time
· MSDN Webcast: Project Server and Project Portfolio Server Advanced Customization (Level 400)
· MSDN Webcast: Office Project Server Programmability (Part 1 of 4): Project Server 2007 Architecture for Developers (Level 400)
· MSDN Webcast: Office Project Server Programmability (Part 2 of 4): Project Server Interface Programming Overview (Level 400)
· MSDN Webcast: Office Project Server Programmability (Part 3 of 4): Review of the Project Server Interface Web Services–Part A (Level 400)
· MSDN Webcast: Office Project Server Programmability (Part 3 of 4): Review of the Project Server Interface Web Services–Part B (Level 400)
· MSDN Webcast: Office Project Server Programmability (Part 4 of 4): Project Server 2007 Events and Workflow (Level 400)
April 16, 2009, 8am Pacific Time
· MSDN Webcast: Office Project Client Programmability (Level 300)
April 23, 2009, 8am Pacific Time
· MSDN Webcast: EPM Auditing Solution Starter Drilldown (Level 300)
May 14, 2009, 8am Pacific Time
Key Enterprise Project Management Resources
Enterprise Project Management