A message from Christophe for all you ITPROS out there.
“I am pleased to announce the release of a white paper written by QuantumPM entitled: Best Practices for Migrating to Project Server 2007. “
This paper provides guidance, references, and best practices to observe when migrating to Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 from Project Server 2003. The audiences for this guide are business application specialists, line-of-business specialists, IT generalists, program managers, and infrastructure specialists who want to migrate to Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 and want the required planning requirements, migration steps and helpful hints obtained from previous experience.
The target audience for this guide is generally the following:
• Executive managers who want a high-level overview of the benefits and approach to migrating the Project Server system
• EPM business managers who help determine operating processes and the future course for the EPM strategies
• Technology leaders who will take actions to setup systems and move the Project Server 2003 data to Project Server 2007
• Information technologists who are responsible for implementing and maintaining servers and systems
• Planning Your Migration Project
• Performing Your Project Server 2007 Readiness Assessment
• Planning and Preparing Your Technical Environment
• Analyzing and Cleansing Your Project Server Data
• Planning For the Migration Process and Contingencies
• Performing the Migration and Post-Migration Activities
• Preparing for Changes to Technical and Business Operational Policies
This document contains key references to Project Server 2007 migration resources as well as best practices learned from customer upgrade projects since the product launch. This white paper complements the existing Migration guide for Office Project Server 2007 mainly targeted at IT Professionals existing on the EPM Tech Center.