Official News from Microsoft’s Information Platform
Machine Learning Blog
SQL Server code-named “Denali” will help empower organizations to be more agile in today’s competitive market. Customers will be able to efficiently deliver mission-critical solutions through a highly scalable and available platform. Industry-leading tools will help developers quickly build innovative applications while data integration and management tools help deliver credible data reliably to the right users and new user experiences expand the reach of BI to enable meaningful insights.
Today, we showcased the following areas of code-named “Denali” including new capabilities that will be delivered to customers:
· Enhanced mission-critical platform: An enhanced highly available and scalable platform through the new SQL Server AlwaysOn for greater flexibility in achieving increased availability and data protection and new Column-Based Query Accelerator for huge performance gains in data warehousing.
· Developer and IT Productivity: A new unified development experience for data developers called SQL Server Developer Tools code-named “Juneau”, new beyond relational enhancements including FileTable for file storage within the SQL Server database, easier of use delivered via SQL Server AlwaysOn, data integration tools and features such as security & supportability.
· Pervasive Insight: Expand the reach of BI to business users via Project code-name “Crescent”, a highly interactive, web-based data exploration and visualization tool built on the breakthrough analytical performance of the VertiPaq technology. Meanwhile, holistic data integration and management tools through enhanced Master Data Services and new Data Quality Services will help ensure organizations can deliver the right data to the right users at the right time.
· Select capabilities of the new integrated high availability solution, SQL Server code-named “Denali” AlwaysOn, including availability groups, single active secondary for offloading read-only workloads and multi-site clustering
· Flexible server roles to allow administrators to create custom roles for ease separation of duties
· Simplified development and standardized deployment, configuration and management for SQL Server Integration Services
1. Visit the code-named “Denali” web page
2. Download the first CTP
3. Reference Books Online
Comments in this blog are open and monitored for each post for a period of two weeks after the posting date. If you have a specific question about a blog post that is older than two weeks, please submit your question via our Twitter handle @SQLServer