問題描述︰ Performance counters display as a number on W2K8
解決方式︰ ANALYSIS =======
After checking the server’s configuration and registry, the cause of missing performance counters is due to the registry has been revised and some performance counters are lost. The revised registry is located in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib”.
ACTIONS ======= To get the OS performance counters back, please follow the steps below on each problematic server:
1. Backup the registry
- Run “regedit.exe” and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib.
- Right click it “Perflib” and select “匯出”. Then save as a .reg file.
2. Rebuild the performance counter
- Click “start”, right click ”命令提示字元” , choose “以系統管理員身份執行”。
- In the command line , type “lodctr /r” , press enter. Wait for the successful information.
- After finishing the action , you should see the OS performance counters in the performance monitor.
To get all exchange performance counters back, a reboot of the computer was required and performed after rebuilt all counters.
If you find the registry key “Configuration Flags” in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib has not been set to 0. That means the perflib file will allow revise some important performance counter registry key manually or by some applications which may cause revise the performance counters by mistake. By default, this key doesn’t exist. So we suggest to set the key value to 0.