The Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting is an extension of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 software that is designed to allow service providers and system integrators to customize a Lync Server 2010 deployment and offer it as a service to their customers. This guide describes how to deploy and configure a basic architecture.
Get the guide here and the pack from MVLSC
I just read the document and the key takeaways are:
This was what I could see was different from a normal Lync Deployment, and you need to run some scripts to get it up running.
What’s Available in the Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack
The features that integrate with other components and applications include the following:
· Presence A collection of attributes that provides an indication of a person's status, activity, location, willingness to communicate, and contact information.
· Instant messaging (IM) A form of real-time text-based communication.
· Data and desktop sharing A feature that allows users to share files, use whiteboard, and display their desktop to a meeting or to conversation participants.
· Conferencing Two-way video and audio transmissions between users in multiple locations.
· Unified Messaging An application that consolidates a user's voice mail, fax, and email into one mailbox, so that the user only needs to check a single location for messages, regardless of type. The email server is the platform for all types of messages, making it unnecessary to maintain separate voice mail and email infrastructures.
· Private branch exchange (PBX) replacement UC integration with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems can replace traditional phone exchange systems.
Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack partner feature sets include:
· Appliances Hand and head set I/O devices.
· Conferencing server gateway video Real-time IP video, voice, and data services.
· Mobility solution Allows mobile phones the same access to services as a standard desktop handset.
· Audio conferencing provider Integration with hosted conferencing systems.
· Short Message Service (SMS) Text messaging systems used by phones and mobile communication systems.
Feature Comparison: Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack versus Lync Online
Lync Server feature
Lync Multitenant Hosting Pack
Address Book Service Web Query service
Distribution List Expansion protocol (DLX)
Instant Messaging (IM)
Lync desktop client
Attendee (meeting only)
Lync Mobile on:iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone 7, Android
Conferencing and Sharing
Video conferencing over IP
Audio conferencing over IP only
Ad-hoc audio dial-out conferencing
Yesvia SIP Trunk
“Meet now” audio dial-out conferencing
Scheduled audio dial-out conferencing
Point-to-point/multiparty data conference (white boarding)
Point-to-point/multiparty file share
Point-to-point/multiparty desktop and application sharing
Point-to-point/multiparty Microsoft PowerPoint® slide sharing
Microsoft Outlook integration for IM, presence, calendar(with users on the same hosting partner)
Microsoft SharePoint® integration for IM, presence(with users on the same hosting partner)
PIC and Federation
Federation with Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
Public IM connectivity and presenceWindows Live®, AOL®, Yahoo!®
Public IM connectivity audio/videoWindows Live
Basic calling features
Public switched telephone network (PSTN) calling via Lync incoming and outgoing
Call controlshold, transfer, forward, simultaneous ring
Advanced calling features
Private line (secondary Direct Inward Dialing (DID))
Outgoing DID manipulation
Private dial plans
Hosted Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) for voice mail
Why don't this support Public IM connectivity and presence Windows Live®, AOL®, Yahoo!® ?
Any information when public IM will be supported?
Is there something we should know? According to this (which was written by microsoft) Lync online has PSTN calling and call controls and hosted voicemail through exchange online um? Last time I checked lync online does not have this available yet. Are they saying this is going to be available shortly?
Thanks for posting about the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting. Please note that an updated document will be posted this week with a correction that Lync Mobile is not supported in the Hosting Pack.
We also created a new site for the Hosting Pack here: social.technet.microsoft.com/.../7325.microsoft-lync-server-2010-multitenant-pack-for-partner-hosting-resources.aspx
Folks, we just discovered an error in this white paper, which we will work to remedy. In section 8.10 Configure Tentant Meeting URL, on page 33, "TenantId" should be changed to "Tenant". Thanks!
Folks, we just discovered an error in this white paper, which we will work to remedy. In section 8.10 Configure Tenant Meeting URL, on page 33, "TenantId" should be changed to "Tenant". Thanks!
The deployment guide was update July 25, 2012. Get the latest version here: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx .
Hi, the deployment guide says: The FQDNs listed in the tenant-specific DNS Records table must be added as subject alternative names to the certificates used by those servers because the certificates used within the Lync Server infrastructure must match those used in the request
To list all the tenant domains in the SAN field one has to install a Multi domain certificate. There is a restriction that all domains listed in such a certificate have to be owned by 1 owner. In a hosting environment our customer’s domains are not owned by us (the hosting provider) but by the customers themself. This would mean that the only allowed SIP domains would be subdomains of the hosting providers mean domain for example custom1.provider.com , custom2.provider.com etc.
How can we overcome this?
Lync Mobile on iphone, ipad, android, etc... shows to be supported here. But Deployment Guide from July 2012 show them not to be supported. Can anyone clarify?
Any one can help me out how we can block the users between the tenants in lync multitenants hosting pack installation.
users are able to search between the tenants..we should block the users between the tenants.
Nice information…For more information log on to http://dintex.in/hybrid_number.htm
Really Wonderfull Post…..Want To Know More Information about hybrid number Log On To: http://www.dintex.in/hybrid_number.htm