· The existing 2003 DFS server is FILE1. All the commands below are run on this server in C:\temp.
· The first new 2012 R2 DFS server is FILE2
· The domain is child.corp.contoso.com
· The DFS Namespace in the domain is called “Testing”, so the path is \\child.corp.contoso.com\Testing
· There are 3 target servers where all DFS links point to: TARGET1 , TARGET2 , TARGET3
I have a 2003 box that needs to be migrated to 2012. The problem im having is the 2003 box does not have dfsutil installed. How do I install it?
In Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2, DFSUTIL.EXE was included as part of the “Windows Server Support Tools” in the Windows Server CD