See all of the top support solutions for our most common issues here
Consider the following scenario:
- You have an application that does not have the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed option selected.
- You deploy a task sequence that uses the Install Application step and that has the Install the following applications option selected and referencing the application that is mentioned in step 1.
- Later, you make a change to the application and then click to select the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed check box.
- You create a new task sequence or change the existing task sequence and then deploy the task sequence while the Install applications according to dynamic variable list option is selected.
For additional details and a link to a ConfigMgr 2012 R2 hotfix that resolves this issue please see the following:
KB2913703 - Applications that use dynamic variable lists are not installed in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2913703)
J.C. Hornbeck | Solution Asset PM | Microsoft GBS Management and Security Division
Get the latest System Center news on Facebook and Twitter:
System Center All Up: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenter/ System Center – Configuration Manager Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/ System Center – Data Protection Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/ System Center – Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/ System Center – Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/ System Center – Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager System Center – Virtual Machine Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Windows Intune: http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsintune/ WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/ The AD RMS blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/rmssupp/
The Forefront Endpoint Protection blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/ The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/ The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/ The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/
I tried to install this in my ConfigMgr 2012 R2 environment however the hotfix says it's not compatable. Looking at the file being changed, the file itself has a version number from SCCM 2012 SP1 CU3. Looking at my site server the version of basesvr.dll is already 5.0.7958.1000 (R2) thus putting in a lower revision file wouldn't exactly solve anything. I think the article was meant for ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 CU3 and ot R2.
Sometimes it becomes difficult to find the right option for several queries. However, you have a solution for such situations as expo2020ae.com is a single stage for providing best assistance for different sectors as Art, Computer, Entertainment, Health, News, sports, technology, fashion & Beauty.
I get the same error, not compatible with R2.
Same error. When will we have the hotfix for SCCM 2012 R2 ??
I found a workaround:
- Export all Task Sequences.
- Record the Task Sequences deployments.
- Remove all Task Sequences.
- All Applications: Unselect "Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed".
- All Applications: Select "Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed".
- Import all Task Sequences.
o Edit passwords in the necessary steps.
- Deploy Task Sequences again.
And don't forget to select "Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed" for any new application!!!