See all of the top support solutions for our most common issues here
I see this issue every once in a while and thought it might make for a good tip. If you're running into errors trying to integrate MDT and ConfigMgr 2007 then this one's for you.
When trying to integrate MDT with a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 console via the option "Configure ConfigMgr Integration" on a Windows Vista or newer OS (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2), the following error may occur:
Copied binaries to <ConfigMgr_Install_Path>\AdminUI\Bin Copied extention files to <ConfigMgr_Install_Path>\AdminUI\XmlStorage\Extensions Successfully connected to WMI namespace \\MASTER\root\sms Located the provider for site <Site_Code> on server MASTER Validated site server and site code. Unable to compile <ConfigMgr_Install_Path>\AdminUI\Bin\Microsoft.BDD.SCCMActions.mof, rc = 3
Operation completed with warnings or errors. Please review the output above.
This issue is caused because ConfigMgr Integration needs to be run as an administrator.
Right click on "Configure ConfigMgr Integration" and choose "Run as administrator".
Frank Rojas | System Center Support Escalation Engineer
Thank you kindly for your post. Being relatively new to win 2008, I would never have solved this myself.
Tried it... Didn't work I got the same error.
Got the same error. I tried running the "Configure ConfigMgr Integration" as an administrator, but with no success. I even tried manually compiling the file in an elevated command prompt:
C:\Windows\syste32>mofcomp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.BDD.CM12Actions.mof"
Then I receive this error:
Parsing MOF file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.BDD.CM12Actions.mof
MOF file has been successfully parsed
Storing data in the repository...
An error occurred while processing item 1 defined on lines 9 - 15 in file C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.BDD.CM12Actions.mof:
Error Number: 0x80041003, Facility: WMI
Description: Access denied
Compiler returned error 0x80041003
FYI: UAC is disabled. My domain user account has local admin rights.
Ok, I solved it by restarting the SQL database engine service via SQL Configuration Manager. It seems that this Microsoft.BDD.CM12Actions.mof has something to do with it. I hope that this workaround will help other people having this issue.