See all of the top support solutions for our most common issues here
The Configuration Manager Writing Team posted a list of updated docs over on the Configuration Manager Team blog. These all look to be updated as of February 2009 so if it's been a while since you've read these then you might want to check out what's new.
I have their list below but you can read their entire post at http://blogs.technet.com/configmgrteam/archive/2009/02/19/announcement-configuration-manager-documentation-library-update-for-february-2009.aspx.
The following information lists the topics that are new or contain significant changes since the December 2008 update.
About Report Models in SQL Reporting Services
- Updated with new information about deploying report models for use in the Configuration Manager console.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Report Model in SQL Reporting Services - Simple
- Replaces the topic "Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Report Model in SQL Reporting Services" to provide updated procedures for creating a SQL Reporting Services report model using a single view from the Configuration Manager database.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Report Model in SQL Reporting Services - Advanced
- New topic providing procedures to create a SQL Reporting Services report model using multiple views from the Configuration Manager database.
Step-by-Step Guide to Deploying a Report Model to Configuration Manager
- New topic providing a procedure for making SQL Reporting Services report models available to report authors from the Configuration Manager console.
About Configuration Items in Desired Configuration Management
- Updated with the information that providers retrieve configuration information by using objects and settings defined within the configuration item. The objects that can be defined are assembly, file or folder, and the registry. The settings that can be defined are XML queries, WQL queries, SQL queries, scripts, registry, Active Directory Domain Services, and the IIS metabase.
Prerequisites for Out of Band Management
- Updated with clarifications that the Intel HECI driver is required for in-band provisioning only; DHCP is also required for in-band provisioning; IPv6 is not supported; in-band provisioning is not supported with Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Tablet PC.
AMT Provisioning Issues for Out of Band Management
- Updated with the entry "Configuration Manager Fails to Provision Computers In a Child Domain Because of Missing DCOM Access Permissions", which describes a CA configuration requirement when the issuing CA is in another domain. To identify this troubleshooting scenario, look for ERROR: ICertRequest2->Submit failed: 0x80070005 in the log file amtproxyomgr.log.
How to Configure Windows Server 2008 for Site Systems
- Updated to include the fallback status point.
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer
Feed: The Configuration Manager Support Team Blog Posted on: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:15 AM Author