The official blog of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Product Group
The Documentation Library for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Configuration Manager 2007 Documentation Library have been updated on the web and the latest content has Updated: February 1, 2013 at the top of the topic.
This month’s publication includes the support statement for SQL Server 2012 SP1 and also Windows BranchCache support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
If you have questions or feedback about the documentation, you can contact us by using our usual email address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Documentation Library for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, February 2013
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the January 2013 update.
Supported Configurations for Configuration Manager
- Updated for the following information:
Configure Database Replicas for Management Points
- Updated the procedure to uninstall the database replica to add the missing action of disabling publishing on the site database server.
How to Install Clients on Mac Computers in Configuration Manager
- Updated to clarify that although site systems must be configured to accept client connections from the Internet and the site system server must be configured with an Internet FQDN, these servers do not have to be accessible from the Internet. If these servers are not accessible from the Internet and therefore do not have an Internet FQDN, you can specify the intranet FQDN value for the Internet FQDN.
In addition, based on customer feedback, we added the Important note that if you enroll Mac computers by using the command that does not include the user password, you see identical-looking prompts for a password. The first prompt is for the super user, because you are running a sudo command. The second prompt is the one for the user password, to access the enrollment certificate template.
Administrator Checklist: Configuring Configuration Manager to Manage Mobile Devices by Using Windows Intune
- New topic that summaries the high-level steps required to configure the Windows Intune connector to manage mobile devices such as Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, iOS, and Android.
What's New in the Configuration Manager 2007 Documentation Library for February 2013
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the November 2012 update.
Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Supported Configurations
- Updated for the following support statements:
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Is Windows Server 2012 domain is supported with SCCM2012 SP1 ?