The official blog of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Product Group
The Documentation library for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager has been updated on the web and the latest content has Updated: November 1, 2011 at the top of the topic.
There are no significant updates for the Configuration Manager 2007 documentation library this month.
This month we have fewer doc updates but they do contain some important additional information or corrections to help you be more successful when you download and test the Release Candidate.
We will continue to add more information for Configuration Manager as we get that information from the product group and in response to customer feedback. To help you find the right information, use the search portal for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
Note that we are writing for the released product, rather than for any prerelease version, such as Beta 2 or the Release Candidate. As such, there might be some discrepancies with the prerelease version that you are testing and the documentation. If you are testing a prerelease version, remember to check the release notes (link from Setup and Help) for any issues that are specific to that version.
We value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can’t promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Documentation Library for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager for November 2011
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the October 2011 update.
Supported Configurations for Configuration Manager
– Updated for support statements that include site system requirements, mobile device platforms and languages, DirectAccess support and limitations, and Specialized Storage Technology.
About Client Settings in Configuration Manager
– Updated to correct the information about PowerShell execution policy. There are also new entries for user policies and what functionality is limited when these are not enabled. The entries for the default Application Catalog website point and adding it to the trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer are also updated, with details about how automatic detection works.
Step-by-Step Example Deployment of the PKI Certificates for Configuration Manager: Windows Server 2008 Certification Authority
– Updated for a new procedure to create a certificate file for distribution points: Deploying the Client Certificate for Distribution Points
Determine How to Manage Mobile Devices in Configuration Manager
– Updated to correct the information about software inventory support.
How to Install Clients on Mobile Devices and Enroll Them by Using Configuration Manager
– Updated for the new enrollment link that was introduced in the Release Candidate to support both Windows mobile devices and Nokia mobile devices.
Fundamentals of Configuration Manager
– Updated for the latest changes in the product.
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.