[Today's post is from the Configuration Manager Writing Team]
The Configuration Manager 2012 documentation library has been updated on the web and the latest content has Updated: August 1, 2011 at the top of the topic.
There are no significant updates for the Configuration Manager 2007 documentation library this month.
We will continue to add more information for Configuration Manager 2012 as we get that information from the product group and in response to customer feedback. At the moment, some topics are published without any content to let you know that it’s planned. We also monitor page hits and search results to help us plan when to publish the information. To help you find the right information, use the Configuration Manager 2012 search portal.
Note that we are writing for the released product, rather than for any pre-release version, such as Beta 2. As such, there might be some discrepancies with the pre-release version that you are testing and the documentation.
We value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can’t promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Configuration Manager 2012 Documentation Library for August 2011
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the July 2011 update.
What’s New in Configuration Manager
- Updated for various sections, including the information that the functionality of the server locator point is moved to the management point, changes to certificates and cryptographic controls, and information about support for mobile devices that were supported with Configuration Manager 2007 (now referred to as mobile device legacy clients).
PKI Certificate Requirements for Configuration Manager
- Updated for information about the server-to-server certificates and the information that many certificates now support SHA-2.
Planning for Site Systems in Configuration Manager
- Updated for database servers and custom websites.
Planning for Security in Configuration Manager
- Updated for planning information about certificates, and for signing and encryption.
Planning for Communications in Configuration Manager
- Updated for the Planning for Client Communication in Configuration Manager 2012 section, to include information about approval and waking up clients. Added a new section: Planning for Internet-Based Client Management.
Configuring Security for Configuration Manager
- New topic for how to configure certificate-related options, and signing and encryption.
Configuring Site Components in Configuration Manager
- New topic that contains configuration details for the component properties.
Technical Reference for Cryptographic Controls Used in Configuration Manager
- New topic that explains the security-related implementations in Configuration Manager 2012.
How to Manage Mobile Devices by Using the Exchange Server Connector in Configuration Manager
- Updated for information about how to manage mobile devices without installing the Configuration Manager client on them.
How to Manage Clients in Configuration Manager
- Updated for information about the various methods for managing clients after they are installed.
How to Manage AMT Provisioning Information in Configuration Manager
- Updated the procedure How to Remove AMT Information, with additional information about when to use the AMT Provisioning Removal Account.
AMT Provisioning Process for Out of Band Management in Configuration Manager
- Updated the technical reference topic with the flow of events that occur when Configuration Manager provisions a client for Intel AMT, so that the computer can be managed out of band.
Security and Privacy for Out of Band Management in Configuration Manager
- Updated for security best practices, security issues, and privacy information.
How to Create Mobile Device Configuration Items for Compliance Settings in Configuration Manager
- Updated for information about how to configure settings for the mobile devices that you enroll by using Configuration Manager 2012.
Asset Intelligence in Configuration Manager
- This section is updated for the following topics:
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
I would like to recommend a clarification for the title of this blog post, it should state the version of ConfigMgr in it because we can easily believe that it is for ConfigMgr 2007 but it is for CM 2012.
Thank you for this valuable post :-)