The official blog of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Product Group
[Today's post is from the Configuration Manager Writing Team]
The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web and the latest content on the Web has Updated: July 1, 2010 at the top of the topic.
This month's revisions incorporate customer feedback to include instructions that are specific to Windows Server 2008 R2 in How to Configure Windows Server 2008 for Site Systems and How to Configure Network Load Balancing for Configuration Manager Site Systems.
We've also updated several of the supported configurations topics to include the following:
Additionally, the Application Compatibility Toolkit Connector in Configuration Manager is updated to reflect the changes implemented to support operating systems other than Vista. These changes were made to Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5 and require Application Compatibility Toolkit Connector 2. The toolkit now supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
With the help of our publishing partners, we've been able to correct a publishing problem that some customers reported to us about links not working in some topics and the "Note" icons not displaying correctly. If you find other instances like this, let us know so that we can republish the topic and correct the problem.
Although we can't promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for July 2010
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the June 2010 update.
Configuration Manager 2007 General Supported Configurations Configuration Manager 2007 Supported ConfigurationsConfiguration Manager 2007 SP1 Supported Configurations Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Supported ConfigurationsConfiguration Manager 2007 R2 Supported Configurations
- Updated with the latest support statements and clarifications.
How to Configure Windows Server 2008 for Site Systems
- Updated to include information specific to Windows Server 2008 R2 and reformatted for easier reading.
How to Configure Network Load Balancing for Configuration Manager Site Systems
Decide If You Should Extend the Active Directory Schema
- Updated with the clarification that you do not need to extend the schema again for Configuration Manager if you upgrade the operating system on domain controllers or raise the functional level of the domain or forest.
Known Limitations in Configuration Manager Support for Windows Embedded
- Updated to clarify that operating system deployment for Windows Embedded is supported for stand-alone media only and that task sequences are supported for actions other than operating system deployment.
Setup Windows and ConfigMgr
- This task sequence image step documentation is updated to correct the explanation about when the alternate graphical identification and authentication (GINA) library is applied during the setup of deployed operating systems for computers running Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.