The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web and the latest content on the Web has Updated: February 1, 2010 at the top of the topic.
This month's updates incorporate customer feedback. We do value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can't promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for February 2010
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the January 2010 update.
Supported Operating Systems and Hard Disk Configurations for Operating System Deployment
- Updated to clarify that Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are supported by operating system deployment in Configuration Manager 2007 SP2.
Operating System Deployment Task Sequence Variables
- Updated to add the _SMSTSTimezone task sequence variable.
Apply Network Settings Task Sequence Action Variables
- Updated to correct the name of the OSDDNSSuffixSearchOrder task sequence variable.
Log Files for Operating System Deployment
- Updated to correct the location of the CreateTSMedia.log file.
How to Verify That Site Information Is Published to Active Directory Domain Services
- Updated to clarify that Configuration Manager 2007 does not use the msSMSSiteBoundaries attribute for the site code object.
Program Properties Page and Program Name Properties: Environment Tab
- Updated with corrected information that Allow users to interact with this program is available only when Program can run is configured for Only when a user is logged on or Whether or not a user is logged on.
Configuration Manager in Multiple Active Directory Forests
- Updated to clarify that to discover a computer resource in another forest by using Active Directory System Discovery, there must be a forest trust between the site server forest and the forest where the computer is located. The absence of the trust is also added to Troubleshooting Discovery Issues and the troubleshooting entry "Discovery Does Not Return Any Results". For more troubleshooting information about this requirement, see The Configuration Manager Support Team Blog post: Configuration Manager AD system discovery will not work across external trusts starting with Service Pack 2.
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.