The official blog of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Product Group
[Today's post comes from the Configuration Manager Writing Team]
The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web and the latest content on the Web has Updated: November 1, 2009 at the top of the topic.
This month's updates contain the latest supported configurations, as previously blogged here: Configuration Manager Support Announcements for November 2009. It also has some updates to existing documentation. The additional support statements include Windows Storage Server 2003 and Windows Storage Server 2008 for distribution points, and support for running desired configuration management on Server Core with .Net Framework 2.0 installed.
In addition to our support statements for BranchCache and DirectAccess with Configuration Manager 2007 SP2, we've added links to the official Windows Server documentation for these cross-technology dependencies:
We do value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can't promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for November 2009
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the August 2009 update.
Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Supported Configurations
- Updated to include the latest support statements.
Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Supported Configurations
Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 Supported Configurations
Prerequisites for Out of Band Management
- Updated with the latest WinRM support version information.
Configuration Manager Site to Site Communications
- Updated to remove the following requirement: "The Domain Admins group from the trusted Domain are added to the local administrators group on the Configuration Manager 2007 primary site servers spanning the trust." Customers brought to our attention that this requirement was not necessary. We asked the product group to retest, and they confirmed that this requirement was not needed when there is a forest trust.
Predefined Maintenance Tasks
- Updated with missing information about the new tasks:
This information has also been added to Predefined Maintenance Task Planning.
How to Configure Hardlinks for User State Migration
- Updated to correct the procedure title.
Glossary term for fallback status point
- Modified to indicate that the fallback status point is not just for error conditions but is also useful in tracking successful client deployments.
How to Configure Network Discovery
- Corrected our favorite typo of the month - replacing "typology" with "topography".
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.