The official blog of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Product Group
The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web and the latest content on the Web has Updated: October 1, 2009 at the top of the topic.
This month's updates contain new content for Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and some updates to existing documentation. It also includes a list of changes in the documentation since April 2009 (see What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for October 2009).
We do value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can't promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for October 2009
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the August 2009 update.
Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 Supported Configurations
- Updated to include Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7.
Supported Operating Systems and Hard Disk Configurations for Operating System Deployment
- Updated with information about the operating systems that are not supported and those which can be deployed only by first capturing a Windows installation image (.wim) file using an image capture task sequence.
Supported Mobile Devices
- Updated to remove information about supported mobile device client operating systems so that it is now exclusively in supported configuration topics (Configuration Manager 2007 Supported Configurations). This means that customers have a consistent place to find supported version information and it reduces the risk of inconsistent information between topics.
About Heartbeat Discovery
- Updated to remove the incorrect information "Although you can configure Heartbeat Discovery to update client DDRs as frequently as you want, if you configure it to run less than once every 25 hours (the default client refresh cycle) the updated DDR will be reported no less than once every 25 hours". This restriction applied to an earlier version of the product and does not apply to Configuration Manager.
About the Site Repair Wizard and How to Back Up a Secondary Site
- Updated with the information that the Site Repair Wizard should not be used to recover a secondary site. The Product Group has confirmed that the recovery procedure doesn't work for secondary sites and will not be supported. If you need to recover a secondary site, reinstall it and secondary site configuration from the primary site will be replicated to it automatically when installation is complete. Because restoring a secondary site is not supported with the product, there is no point in backing up a secondary site by using the Backup Secondary Site Server maintenance task. To help avoid confusion, we have removed the procedural information in How to Back Up a Secondary Site.
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Any idea when the next offline help rollup update will be released?