[Today's Post is provided by the Configuration Manager Writing Team.]
The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web. All topics that have been updated have Updated: February 1, 2009 at the top of the topic.
Of particular note for R2 customers using SQL Reporting Services: This documentation has been has been updated with information about creating Reporting Services Report models and now includes a procedure for creating advanced models using multiple views in the Configuration Manager database. Additionally, the procedure for deploying report models for use in the Configuration Manager console has been revised so that the instructions are more suitable for a variety of environments.
Most of the documentation changes in this update are a result of customers contacting us with questions, requests for clarifications, and notifying us of omissions and typos - so thank you for helping to improve the documentation for others. We do value your feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Keep that feedback coming, and contact the documentation team on our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
The following information lists the topics that are new or contain significant changes since the December 2008 update.
About Report Models in SQL Reporting Services
- Updated with new information about deploying report models for use in the Configuration Manager console.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Report Model in SQL Reporting Services - Simple
- Replaces the topic "Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Report Model in SQL Reporting Services" to provide updated procedures for creating a SQL Reporting Services report model using a single view from the Configuration Manager database.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Report Model in SQL Reporting Services - Advanced
- New topic providing procedures to create a SQL Reporting Services report model using multiple views from the Configuration Manager database.
Step-by-Step Guide to Deploying a Report Model to Configuration Manager
- New topic providing a procedure for making SQL Reporting Services report models available to report authors from the Configuration Manager console.
About Configuration Items in Desired Configuration Management
- Updated with the information that providers retrieve configuration information by using objects and settings defined within the configuration item. The objects that can be defined are assembly, file or folder, and the registry. The settings that can be defined are XML queries, WQL queries, SQL queries, scripts, registry, Active Directory Domain Services, and the IIS metabase.
Prerequisites for Out of Band Management
- Updated with clarifications that the Intel HECI driver is required for in-band provisioning only; DHCP is also required for in-band provisioning; IPv6 is not supported; in-band provisioning is not supported with Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Tablet PC.
AMT Provisioning Issues for Out of Band Management
- Updated with the entry "Configuration Manager Fails to Provision Computers In a Child Domain Because of Missing DCOM Access Permissions", which describes a CA configuration requirement when the issuing CA is in another domain. To identify this troubleshooting scenario, look for ERROR: ICertRequest2->Submit failed: 0x80070005 in the log file amtproxyomgr.log.
How to Configure Windows Server 2008 for Site Systems
- Updated to include the fallback status point.
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
In case you missed them, the following posts were published on the System Center Configuration Manager
The Configuration Manager Writing Team posted a list of updated docs over on the Configuration Manager
Feed: The Configuration Manager Support Team Blog Posted on: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:15 AM Author