On Feb 22nd we shipped the Service Pack 1 of OpsMgr 2007. We made one last minute change to one of the upgrade steps in the upgrade guide which did not make it to the upgrade documentation that was shipped with the SP1 bits.
If you are upgrading from SP1 RC (6246) to SP1 RTM (6278) then you may need to run repair to upgrade the agents rather than approve them from pending management view as agents needing upgrade may not appear in this view. This was not called out in the upgrade document we shipped in SP1. We have updated the web version of the upgrade guide as well as the release notes. Below are the steps that need to be taken after the upgrade if agents to be upgraded do not appear in the Pending Management view
To upgrade agents from Operations Manager 2007 SP1 RC (build 6246) to Operations Manager 2007 SP1 (build 6278) using the Operations Console
1. Log on to the computer hosting the Operations Console with an account that is a member of the Operations Manager Administrators role for the Operations Manager 2007 management group.
2. In the Operations Console, click Administration.
When you run the Operations Console on a computer that is not a management server, the Connect To Server dialog box appears. In the Server name text box, type the name of the Operations Manager 2007 management server to which you want to connect.
3. In the Administration pane, expand Device Management, and then click Agent Managed.
4. In the Agent Managed pane, select the agents that are listed as version 6.0.6246.0, right-click them, and then select Repair.
5. In the Repair Agents dialog box, select the appropriate agent action account, and then click Repair.
When dealing with large numbers of agents requiring upgrade to the SP1 RTM build 6.0.6278.0, it is recommended to batch agent upgrades by muti-selecting sub-sets of agents to be repaired, verifying agent upgrade was successful (Agent Managed view, Version column indicates 6.0.6278.0, and then continuing with the next batch.