The first set of resource kit tools for Operations Manager 2007 have been released to the download center. They will be soon referenced from the TechNet TechCenter for OpsMgr too (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/default.aspx)
All tools are subject to the license agreement published here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb743255.aspx. (awaiting publication last time I tried)
Here's the first line-up (8 in all):
1) Sample Vista Gadget (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0f5a060b-635d-4355-b0ac-32ee2943bfd9&DisplayLang=en)
A Vista Gadget that enables you to view the active alerts and health states for a specified set of objects from a computer running Windows Vista.
1. Allows selection of object types. 2. Displays alert counts for each severity level. 3. Color-coded alert levels. 4. Color-coded summary of health states.
2) Operations Manager Inventory (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10e79763-6906-4f44-86c6-fbabb0bf1b9f&DisplayLang=en)
A command-line utility that captures the configuration of your Operations Manager 2007 Management Servers and stores it in a .cab file that can be sent to Microsoft support to assist in problem analysis.
Feature Bullet Summary 1. Collects Windows Installer data for Ops Mgr installation. 2. Collects file information for Ops Mgr files. 3. Collects registry settings information for Ops Mgr installation. 4. Collects Ops Mgr server configuration data. 5. Collects data regarding running processes on Ops Mgr servers. 6. Collects Ops Mgr install logs. 7. Collects Windows event logs.
3) Operations Manager Cleanup Tool (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=14ff7073-c71b-4ad0-805a-a8e458d2c9e0&DisplayLang=en)
A command-line utility that enables you to remove any or all of the components of Operations Manager from a local computer in cases where the normal method of uninstallation has failed.
1. Fast command line removal of agents. 2. Fast command line removal of server roles. 3. Removal of services associated with Ops Mgr. 4. Removal of registry keys. 5. Removal of Ops Mgr install directories and files.
4) AEM Validation (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=db979eb5-b423-4b14-8664-b16dc8157e8d&DisplayLang=en)
A command line utility that will allow you to perform end-to-end validation of Agent-less Exception Monitoring to verify that AEM is properly configured and operational.
Feature Bullet Summary 1. Generates a test exception. 2. Allows end-to-end validation of AEM functionality.
5) AEM Management Pack (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f0ba772-8521-4717-ab54-80ecd1f75aec&DisplayLang=en)
A Management Pack that enables you to identify generic errors sent by Windows Error Reporting (WER) clients to Management Servers that are AEM-enabled. Without this mapping function these errors appear in Operations Manager as "unknown application" and "unknown version".
1. Identifies application associated with generic exceptions. 2. Provides application version information for generic application exceptions. 3. Facilitates more precise application exception reporting.
6) Active Directory Integration Sample Script (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b3aa2d5a-b56c-40e8-8b63-139865a1749b&DisplayLang=en)
A sample script that enables you to extract a list of computer names from your custom SQL Server database and add them to an Active Directory security group. The security group can then be referenced in the Agent Assignment and Failover Wizard to automate agent assignments to Management Servers.
1. Queries customer SQL asset database. 2. Populates custom security group with computer accounts of computers returned by the SQL query.
7) Effective Configuration Viewer (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9db4dca-6716-478d-89b9-42f27ebc76a8&DisplayLang=en)
A tool that displays the set of rules and monitors that are running on a computer, distributed application, or any other managed entity after any configured overrides have been applied.
Feature Bullet Summary 1. View effective monitoring of a managed object after overrides are applied. 2. View monitors and current state
8) Action Account Tool (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1d9a8d81-0e42-4076-88a9-8e6c08993054&DisplayLang=en)
A PowerShell script that allows you to set the action account on groups of computers.
Feature Bullet Summary Modify action account settings for groups of computers with a single command.
The new OpsMgr 2007 Resource Kit tools have been released to the web. There are some really cool tools
The first eight resource kit tools have released to the Web. There will be a dedicated page from the