Problem:

I have a transactional replication topology that consists of SQL 2005 and SQL 2000.

I managed to generate the snapshot but when I try to apply it on the subscribers, I get the following error:

Error number 20598: "The row was not found at the Subscriber when applying the replicated command".

Using “Skip Error” doesn’t resolve the issue.

Additional information:              

My user tables are heavily used/modified. When the publisher is in single user more, I do not have this issue.

Cause:

I had “READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON” and “ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON” enabled on the database

Workaround/Solution:

I used @sync_method =’concurrent’

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tcbchxcb(v=vs.80).aspx