So it is that time again when the SharePoint group releases the Cumulative Updates for all versions of SharePoint, here are the links you need to know
1. Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 cumulative update server hotfix package (WSS server-package): August 28, 2012 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687331
2. Description of the SharePoint Server 2007 hotfix package(Coreserver-x-none.msp, Svrproof-pt-pt.msp): August 28, 2012 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687379
3. Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 cumulative updatepackage (SharePoint server-package): August 28, 2012 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2687353
4. Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 cumulative updatepackage (SharePoint server-package): August 28, 2012 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;268735
5. Description of the Project 2010 hotfix package(Project-x-none.msp): August 28, 2012 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687386
Some things to think of as you plan your update process.
You should REALLY stop having people update with Aug, Oct and Dec 2012 updates. They have a huge flaw in them, and the work around available is painful at best.
I'm sorry if you have had problems with the Cumulative Updates and while I have no plan to stop recommending these updates when I feel they are helpful, Note: I have not recommended all updates. I understand that there were regressions in the CU's, but those regressions were fixed and re-released with fixes for the problems that were caused.
If you manage your SharePoint properly, maintain a healthy environment, and patching best practices then even patch regressions should not be a problem.
Please continue to patch your environments correctly as these Cumulative Updates really do help with Config and Security.